My character keeps taking on a life of it's own :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you remove your utinput.ini?

Sounds like something is messed up with your input.

Comment

if he reinstalled....removing the input won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike888 View Post
        if he reinstalled....removing the input won't help.
        Not so sure about that, not sure if it erases your ini files when you uninstall.

Might be, don't really know.

Comment

I use to have a similar problem when I played World of Warcraft a long time ago. My character would get stuck running in a certain direction. Like for example, if I was stuck running straight, I would tap the W key once and it would stop and I could control my character again. Unfortunately it wasn't ever a complete fix because I continued experiencing it off and on.

Anyways, try this, probably isn't related at all but it sounded familiar.
          BTW, I use a G15 keyboard. Possibly related?

Comment

I have a Logitech MX518 mouse, and a Logitech Ultra X Media Keyboard
            I uninstalled setpoint, reinstalled it, uninstalled...

I'll try reinstalling again

Comment

Sounds similar'ish to my problem. Of course mine is related to my mouse. It sometimes continuesly fires 1st and 2nd weapon funtion, or strafes continuesly to one side.

Comment

Yeah, happens to me too

Comment

This problem also occured in UT2003 and UT2004. If you want you can register at the atari community and search their forum archive: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...play.php?f=249
                  Maybe you find a solution there. Search for keyboard, sticky keys, movement problems etc. I searched a german UT2004 forum and a user claims he removed that problem by updating his graphic drivers.
                  Which graphic card do you use?

Comment

An Nvidia GForce 7600.

Comment

Sorry for bumping

But i think it's my logitech mouse & keyboard, they're notorious for this kind of stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X