UT3 will NOT start - No screen, no msg, nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 will NOT start - No screen, no msg, nothing

Click on the icon to start and nothing but nothing happens.

Updated to v1.1 (latest patch), nothing happens.

Reinstalled. Nothing happens.

There are some of us here that do not get any screen of any sort. The game seems to not exist on the computer.

If you see anything at all, if you get any sounds, please post elsewhere.

PC, WinXP SP2, Asus A8N, 2GB memory, running from a 4 disk raid. System is installed on drive C:, virtual memory is on D:, Temporary files temp/tmp are on E:, Data is on F:, and all installations (Program Files) and programs are redirected to and installed on G:

Aren't the most vital specs the video card and the processor ? (which you have not stated)

Comment

Now with no MSG!

Okay seriously -- try upgrading your drivers... if it's nVidia... the 169.28 pre-Betas would be your best bet... http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ut3_downloads.html

Solved all my problems.

Comment

I had this problem with the Beta..

Try and do a clean boot.. and then give it atleast 5 minutes to respond.

If you don't know how to do a clean boot click here for a step by step guide.

For me it worked after I clicked on the icon and left it for about 5 minutes, I've no idea why but I hope this helps.

Comment

I had problems with nothing happening when trying to start game and I followed the advice in the forum to download the latest Active X and the beta driver for my graphics card and it solved the problem.

/ Ville

Comment

Originally posted by Mowitz View Post
            I had problems with nothing happening when trying to start game and I followed the advice in the forum to download the latest Active X and the beta driver for my graphics card and it solved the problem.

/ Ville
            Just to clarify -- he means DirectX... not DCOM.

Comment

I have exact same problem, really hope i dont have to clean boot.
              E4300|8800 GTS 640MB (169.28)|2GB|500 gb hd|

Comment

Lots of people are having this same problem. Please search other posts. So far, no fix (that works in my case).

Comment

It's most likely due to a misconfiguration. I just had this problem, I fixed it by deleting the UTEngine.ini file from the My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config folder, forcing it to create a new ini and it worked again. Ofcourse, I had to set my video settings and such again, but it works.

Comment

after installing the game 2 errors said ut3.exe encountered a problem and closed...
                    mines was because of the shader effect not being 2.0 on my radeon 9000. i installed the radeon omega driver and in standard tweaks i put overide pixel shader to 2.0 and overide vertex shader to 2.0 and when i loaded ut3.exe i got the splash screen to load but the error ut3.exe encountered a problem still happened but this time only 1 error instead of 2

Comment

Working...
                    X