• Show
Clear All

graphics car help

can this card run ut3?
    ATI Radeon X1300 Dual DVI 512 MB DDR2 PCIe

what about this one
    ATI Radeon X1300 Dual DVI 512 MB DDR2 PCIe

Comment

X1300's are pretty far down the scale of cards. See this chart at Gamespot testing UT3.

Comment

im buying this one
        GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

Comment

The game won't be fun with anything less than Nvidia 7900GS or an ATI X1950 Pro.

With any new AGP card you're sailing to the rocks.

Comment

AGP Cards are fast enough. my Gecube can run UT3 on steady 30FPS on 2536x1600 without goung under 25FPS, so its fast enough to get the game running at 1024x768. There is another problem, UT3 has a bug wich will produce a unplayable game on some system configurations. But with a 7950GT or X1950, the power of the graphic card is enough.

Comment

ATI X1900 is also good. (Cause that's what I'm using.. lol)
              Graphics are nice and I can run it in 1680x1050 with almost everything maxed, getting a good 40 to 60 fps.

Comment

Hi Mad, Gecube X1950XT AGP is the ONLY X1950XT AGP card out there that will decently run UT3 with most of the eye candy at a resolution higher than 1280x1024.
                With decently I mean greater than 50 FPS. Anything less won't cut it for me.

AGP is not dead, but it's a dead end for an investment on new hardware.
                Plus, they're about 20% more expensive than their PCIe cousins. Most of the time a high end AGP card costs a new motherboard's price more than the PCIe version.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFish View Post
                  Hi Mad, Gecube X1950XT AGP is the ONLY X1950XT AGP card out there that will decently run UT3 with most of the eye candy at a resolution higher than 1280x1024.
                  With decently I mean greater than 50 FPS. Anything less won't cut it for me.

AGP is not dead, but it's a dead end for an investment on new hardware.
                  Plus, they're about 20% more expensive than their PCIe cousins. Most of the time a high end AGP card costs a new motherboard's price more than the PCIe version.
                  They should have had implemented PCI-X and AGP at a clock rate of 100Mhz or 133MHz on consumer boards instead of inventing this nonsense PCIe Bus. its a shame that no desktop mainboards supports 66 or 133Mhz PCi with 64Bit datawith. Much better than PCIe is. The high transfer rates of PCIe are only utopie, and this ****ty bus is crippled with a high latency.

Comment

Working...
                  X