Problems getting online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems getting online...

Right, I've looked around the forums and found the port number to be unblocked. Now, my Uni firewall requires a firewall hole to be requested so a specific port can be unblocked for my computer. So, I set one up for port 7777 some time ago...

... and I still can't seem to get an account created. The message coming back seems to say the 'Online service is unavailable'. Now, I am unsure whether the firewall is still blocking it after my request, or the online server is down or something.

I don't want to play online, I just want to get a name form my offline games other than just 'player'. Can anyone help me???

Is a seperate port for gamespy i think its 27900 but im not sure to be honest as I didnt have to fwd this partic port. Just checked my firewall rules hoping to find answer for u. there is a thread I think its connection failed, its in there somewhere around the middle its a huge thread but if u start around the middle and look for the epic mod logo (wartourist) he states all ports in it. good luck [EDIT] Just did a search on the forums for "27900" comes up a lot in these kind of threads. So I believe that is the correct one port UT3 uses 27900 for gamespy only or if you want to do an IP based rule the IP for UT3 login on gamespy is 207.38.11.34 Hope this helps ya mate

Comment

Cheers for the response, I'll try and unblock that port too.

The firewall is rebuilt only once a day, so hopefully I'll find out by tomorrow morning whether this has been successful!

Comment

I've requested firewall holes for each of these ports now and I still cannot create an account.

But I think I read somewhere about gamespy being down, so I'll keep trying.

Comment

Working...
        X