X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone must know the fix here surely

dam gamespy
    i cant host anything on the dam thing.
    it always says my network config is wrong or dmz.now of course unreal sais it too im getting bloody fed up with this.every other game i can play online.ive opened the ports,even turned the router traffic to all trafficc allowed on my modem but it still says i cant host.wat is the point anymore of this sodding gamespy?utter waste of space.

what OS are you using, do you have a firewall etc etc...

Comment

hello
      yes i have windows firewall and the bt homehub router/modem has a firewall as well built in..im running xp pro ser pak 2.its only gamespy.ive never been able to host in gamespy.

Comment

id search the forums as this a common problem. I had a problem due to y network drivers and only just got it working tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by slimpunk View Post
          hello
          yes i have windows firewall and the bt homehub router/modem has a firewall as well built in..im running xp pro ser pak 2.its only gamespy.ive never been able to host in gamespy.
          Since you have have multiple firewalls, you should definitely turn off the the windows software firewall. Check your windows network settings to see what IP number it has. This number is assigned to it by the router.

Are you able to login to your bt homehub router/modem? From what I here it's a special device used by that provider only. This is a generic router instructions. You need to be able to login as admin and setup your router to forward certain ports to your computer. The router assigns, if your using DHCP, (or you need to manually assign) a different address to each box connected to it. For example, say the router IP you see is 192.168.10.1, then it assigns 92.168.10.101 to your game box, 92.168.10.103 to your workstation, and 92.168.10.102 to your other computer. These are all internal numbers, those outside your network see only the IP number assigned to your modem by your provider. The router is then set up to forward the correct ports to the proper internal IP, in this case, the ports 7777, 6500, and 13000 are forwarded to 92.168.10.101, which is the internal address of the game computer.

You recieved a booklet with your router. It should have instructions on how to login. Most standard routersare accessed via a web browser with the router address. For exanple http://192.168.10.1 for some, but find the one your router uses in the manual, different ones use different numbers. Then go to the router setup, usually advanced setup or settings, port forwarding. Many different router setup pages and no two are the same. You need to list the 3 ports to forward, UDP, assign to the address the router assigned to your UT3 server, say, 192.168.10.101 for example. You can find this address in the routers list of connections. It will be the same number as your router except for the numbers after the last period.

Comment

Working...
          X