Can anyone confirm this PS3 DMZ info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone confirm this PS3 DMZ info?

I read that this guy got his bluetooth mic to work by setting his PS3's IP address to DMZ. I don't want to do anything that would end up coming back to bite me in the rear so I'm looking for some confirmation that this is legit and might work or may increase my PS3's online performance. Here's what I was told to do:

Ok first in you internet browser go to 192.168.1.1 than in Firewall settings go to DMZ. Set the IP in DMZ to 192.168.1.120. Than go to you PS3 and re set the network wired/wireless. Than when you are setting it and it asks to auto assign the IP click on Manual. Than for IP put whatever you put in DMZ (192.168.1.120) than for SubnetMask put 255.255.255.0, should show up automatically. And for Primary DNS put your router IP 192.168.1.1 than you are done. It should be wokring fine now.

Any help would be great as I'm trying to everything that I can find to get my mic to work so that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my mic problems in so far as UT3 is concerned is the games fault and not any user error.

For your Primary/Secondary DNS, don't do that. Your Default Gateway is your router IP. Do this:

On your PC, click Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections. On the active network connection (on yours it might say "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection") right click. Go to Status. Click on the Support tab, then on Details.

There it will give you your DNS numbers. Put those in to your PS3 manually for the DNS settings. I used to have my PS3 set up as the DMZ host until I switched over to UPnP. I had less problems on COD4 after switching to UPnP.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
      For your Primary/Secondary DNS, don't do that. Your Default Gateway is your router IP. Do this:

On your PC, click Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections. On the active network connection (on yours it might say "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection") right click. Go to Status. Click on the Support tab, then on Details.

There it will give you your DNS numbers. Put those in to your PS3 manually for the DNS settings. I used to have my PS3 set up as the DMZ host until I switched over to UPnP. I had less problems on COD4 after switching to UPnP.
      Awesome thanks man. I'm guessing you all ready did this and that it hasn't gotten your bluetooth to work. Am I close?

Comment

It shows 3 DNS numbers which ones are the primary and secondary?

Comment

Wow I've never gotten 3 before. I would assume that you'd be ok with putting in the first 2 though.

But yeah I personally wouldn't say DMZing makes the mics work but it's definitely something you should try out. Maybe you'll have more luck than I did. It's been a few weeks for me not using DMZ so there's always a chance that this is the answer. Even still, when I was in DMZ I could only really catch 1-2 words per sentence when the mic worked

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
            Wow I've never gotten 3 before. I would assume that you'd be ok with putting in the first 2 though.

But yeah I personally wouldn't say DMZing makes the mics work but it's definitely something you should try out. Maybe you'll have more luck than I did. It's been a few weeks for me not using DMZ so there's always a chance that this is the answer. Even still, when I was in DMZ I could only really catch 1-2 words per sentence when the mic worked
            I tried what you said and it wouldn't let me connect to PSN it said this is a DMZ server or something to that effect as an error message.

On a side note I wailed in the game I went into to test my mic. First time I got rocket scientist.

Comment

lol I guess every time you play from now on you should think you are testing your mic.

That error message is unknown to me, maybe someone else will know what's up with that.

Comment

Working...
              X