Could My computer run this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could My computer run this game?

I'm just curious before I run out and buy this (which I might do anyway since I love carnage)
    If my computer could run UT3.

I have
    Intel Pentium 4
    2.80 GHz
    512 Mb of ram
    and a NVIDIA Quadro NVS driver

If you would take the time to tell me I would really appreciate it.

Get the demo and see.
    I doubt it would run good but you never know.

Comment

Which NVS card?

Originally posted by ice2010 View Post
      I'm just curious before I run out and buy this (which I might do anyway since I love carnage)
      If my computer could run UT3.

I have
      Intel Pentium 4
      2.80 GHz
      512 Mb of ram
      and a NVIDIA Quadro NVS driver

If you would take the time to tell me I would really appreciate it.
      An NVIDIA Quadro NVS driver is used on dozens of NVS series cards. Many only have 64MB memory and are below the min spec for running this game. ! am guessing you have an old Dell optiplex? rambus memory? 64MB nvs 50 card?

If it does run, it will not be pretty.

Comment

Believe it or not, they made this game very, VERY flexible. I can run on even my PC with 30 minute load times and 10 minute lag and chugg, but it can run. It will run on yours, don't know how good it can but you do have nVidia.

Comment

go to systemrequirementslab.com
          click on "Can You Run It?", select UT3 on the list, it may ask you to let it access your PC, LET IT(it's not a virus, but it needs to see your hardware), and see what it says....it'll hive you YOUR specs, and the minimum & recommended specs...

Comment

Thank YOU ALL SOO MUCH!

Comment

Ok New problem
              when i click on the .exe
              An error pop up and it doesnt even try to start UT3

Comment

Your graphics card is very likely the problem - it is probably DX8 hardware and doesn't support PS 2.0 etc. Therefore the game simply won't run and there is nothing you can do other than upgrade. But take my word for it, don't go out and buy a DX9 graphics card and put it in your existing system as although the game would then RUN, it would be incredibly slow on your system I'm afraid. Your CPU and RAM would also hold it back massively.

Comment

so it would probably be better to get a new com?

Comment

Originally posted by ice2010 View Post
                    so it would probably be better to get a new com?
                    Yeah...Go to www.ibuypower.com and from there, you can build a very basic cheap rig, or you can go all out...There's almost no limitations to building a PC from that site....Dont do what I did, I bought a Dell Inspiron, and although it's a good computer, it's a pain to upgrade because it wasnt made for gaming...for intsance, in the Inspiron 531 case, it's too small to house a bigger power supply, therefore, If I want to upgrade it substantially, it'll be more cost effective to simply build a new rig...

Comment

Interesting

I have tried the demo and really looks interesting to play full game

Comment

Working...
                      X