Game Crashes on a Particular Campaign Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Crashes on a Particular Campaign Level

I'm playing through, or trying to play through, the single player campaign but unfortunately have hit a hitch. On the loading screen of the first level with that tank in it (about 4 or 5 missions in I think), the game crashes out and I get a Runtime error:

Runtime Error!
    Program: I:\.......\Unreal Tournament\Binaries\UT3.exe

I always get this at the same point and can't get any further. My brother also plays it on his computer and his crashes out on the same level, again, all the time. This leads me to believe it might be game specific. We both have the patch, have tried the latest graphics drivers, reinstallation, all the usual stuff but to no avail.

For what it's worth my spec is AMD FX60, 2xNvidia GeForce 7800GTX, 2GB RAM. I can't remember my brother's spec off the top of my head but it's similar to mine, if slightly better.

Just bumping this up. Someone must have had the same problem???

Comment

OK, if no one knows how to fix this, is there an email address I can get hold of some sort of support from? The site stopped working for me at the minute for some reason so I can't find out for myself.

I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisance by bumping this up again and I apologise if it's against forum rules, but while I have this problem, I really can't progress in the game at all.

Comment

its probably because of your machine. try lowering your setting and doing it again

Comment

are your temps ok? is anything overclocked?

Comment

Hi 3Dmark06 10056
            I have 3Dmark06 16000
            Crashes on loading career, nothing overheats (TF2 runs fine on much higher temps, Crysis heats way more but runs fine).
            Crashes on loading the first career map (can't get further - crashes in the end of loading).
            Crashes on playing online career map after we win. (or lose maybe, we won).
            Plays online maps and instant games with bots just fine!

Comment

I had the problem. MAybe you have too much RAM. If your system can see only 3GB than don't go over that. My PC can see 2750MB, but I had 3GB and that was problem, I removed one RAM card (so now I have 2x1GB and 1X512MB), it works perfectly. Try it.

Comment

Crashes in campaign mode are usually fixed by editing the UTEngine.ini to read:

[Engine.ISVHacks]
                UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
                bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
                DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
                PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

[SystemSettings]
                OnlyStreamInTextures=True

Of course, this wasn't the case for me. I had to completely uninstall my drivers with Driver Sweeper and reinstall the latest beta drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinigami View Post
                  Hi 3Dmark06 10056
                  I have 3Dmark06 16000

owned. im running an old 939 system tho ! your probably on 775 or AM2

Comment

Originally posted by alcom77 View Post
                    Crashes in campaign mode are usually fixed by editing the UTEngine.ini to read:

[Engine.ISVHacks]
                    UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
                    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
                    DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
                    PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

[SystemSettings]
                    OnlyStreamInTextures=True

Of course, this wasn't the case for me. I had to completely uninstall my drivers with Driver Sweeper and reinstall the latest beta drivers.
                    Where exactly is that file located?

Comment

I just tried the changes you all suggested and problem's still there. I really don't know what to do now, I can't believe no one else has come across the same problem. I just can't play the game, on either of my computers.

Comment

Working...
                      X