Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hosting a game -- what ports to forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting a game -- what ports to forward?

I shouldn't have to ask. When I try to host a campaign game I'm told I need to consult my router's manual on port forwarding or DMZ. I know how to port forward but UT doesn't bother to tell me what ports to forward. It's not in the manual, and my searches on these forums have given me nothing. How hard is it to document something as basic as this?

Sorry -- I'm aggrevated... can anybody assist me and tell me what ports I need to forward? Currently I'm forwarding: 7777, 6500, 13000, and 27900.

Thank you,
    Mark

To follow up on my own post... I got fed up with it all so I went through the ini file and changed every port to less sporadic numbers, 7777, 7778, 7779 etc... that way I can just forward the whole range to my computer. Still doesn't work. This is incredibly frustrating. I just want to play a campaign with my brother but apparently that's not going to happen.

Comment

Read this thread:
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810

Also, I'm guessing your brother isn't on your LAN? Because even if you receive that error you should be able to host LAN games. Have you opened the ports in windows firewall as well as your router firewall? Are you launching the dedicated server or are you using the retail client?

Comment

If you have a fairly new router in your network, the STUN settings initiated in the 1.1 patch may be the issue your running into.

Here's a link that should explain what's happening.

Comment

here's another link that gives a visual guide of Adny's walkthrough:

http://www.lanpartyguide.com/ut3.html

Comment

Thanks for the follow up, everybody. I will check out these links and see if it works.

To answer the questions that were asked of me:
            * My brother and I aren't on a LAN. I'm in FL and he's in NY.
            * My Windows Firewall is off (most ports are closed or routed into a secure Linux box I have on my network).

Comment

Working...
            X