Blue Screen Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Screen Issues

Am i the only one who is getting sick of all these Ut3 issues such as all the diffrent kind of graphical bugs? (Flickering World/Shadows, Heavy FPS drops on some maps etc)

Myself is having some Bluescreen issue with Ut3, i have an XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320 using the 169.25 driver. The game runs fine, i have mid high settings but the game Bluescreen crashes everytime i turn it off, even with the 169.28 driver. Somehow my Ut3 does not crash with some default driver called "163.something". It's only Ut3 that Bluescreen crashes, my all other games are running excellent.

I also experience random heavy fps drops on some maps. I have to say that Shangri La "lags" more then Suspense, and we all know Suspense is atleast 2x bigger then Shangri La.

I think it's a very good time to do something about this, something like an big patch that would fix most of these issues. Myself think Ut3 was a bit too hasty released and there is still alot of things to fix.

I really love Ut3, one of the best games ever but it's almost unplayable due to all it's various bugs and issues.
    Wake up call Epic Games! time to do something about this. Now...

Note: This is not an personal agenda, I'm speaking for everyone.

Sorry for my messy English!.

Get the 169.28 drivers, fixes it, which you'd know if you'd use the search button.

Your problems are due to outdated drivers, not the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lokomotivet View Post
      That's rather presumptuous.

I'm sorry you're having troubles, but UT3 runs perfectly for me.

Too many different hardware configurations and drivers for EPIC to reasonably make them all work out of the box.

Sad thing is, this makes consoles look better and better from a business point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
        Get the 169.28 drivers, fixes it, which you'd know if you'd use the search button.

Your problems are due to outdated drivers, not the game.

If you read what i wrote, i have tried the 169.28 driver and the FPS is even lower then my current 169.25 and both drivers causes the Bluescreen crash...

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post

I'm sorry you're having troubles, but UT3 runs perfectly for me.

I wish i was you...

Comment

Have you read Ultron's sticky post at the top of the Troubleshooting index? Try some of his suggestions and post back the results. I bet you'll be running fine after a few .ini tweaks and maybe a Driver Sweep.

Comment

Am i the only one who is getting sick of all these Ut3 issues such as all the diffrent kind of graphical bugs? (Flickering World/Shadows, Heavy FPS drops on some maps etc)

Myself is having some Bluescreen issue with Ut3, i have an XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320 using the 169.25 driver. The game runs fine, i have mid high settings but the game Bluescreen crashes everytime i turn it off, even with the 169.28 driver. Somehow my Ut3 does not crash with some default driver called "163.something". It's only Ut3 that Bluescreen crashes, my all other games are running excellent.

Sorry for my messy English!.
            Sorry to hear your having problems. UT3 runs great for me and many others. Have you checked out the Troubleshooting FAQ? Most problems are windows system issues and driver problems. The troubleshooting FAQ will probably fix you up.

Go to this thread and do what it says. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

You can also perform a clean install of windows and the game on a freshly formatted hard drive. That always works unless your drivers are bad or if you have a hardware problem.

My very obsolete specs;
            Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz (socket 939)
            DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
            2GB DDR400 (value ram)
            2 X 7950GT 570MHz 512MB SLI (169.04 driver)
            Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)(Xtra loud fan)
            SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)
            XP64 pro SP2 until Linux port arrives (AMD Dual-Core Optimizer)
            1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 47-85 FPS (I set an 85 FPS cap => refresh rate)
            1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 26-70 FPS PhysX maps
            UT3 ver. 1.1

Comment

Currently i have uinstalled Ut3 to spare my last nerves from exploding, though i have updated my Direct X but there was only some "Optional SDK" updates which i belive isn't the solution.

I have tried almost everything i belive, even reinstalling my whole GPU (uinstall the device) and i still get this annoying Bluescreen.

I'm going to install Windows XP Sp2 on my other Hardrive and try Ut3 with the latest drivers on it, i suppose it will work fine then... if not then i guess my GPU is F¤¤¤ed up.

Thanks for the support!

Comment

I wish i was you...
                Only with respect to the game working. We all wish our game was working mate.

Peace \/

Comment

Working...
                X