• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb mic problems

my usb mic wont work on the ps3 version, anyone know how to fix this

anyone??? ___________________________

Comment

Hi Pasiman. UT3 uses a "hold to talk" system rather than a "always on".

Are you pressing and holding the right d-pad?

Comment

I have the audio option "mute voice" set to off, I turn my mic on before loading up UT3, I get the checkmark by my name saying I have voice, I know what button to press(and hold) to transmit my voice, and I can get my mic to work maybe 10% of the time online.

I got my brother a PS3 with UT3 for Christmas, and we play together all the time. He uses a wired logitech headset, and I use my bluetooth one. We used to be able to hear each other, but it would break up a lot and overall was very sketchy. For the last week or longer we can't even get our mics to work in campaign, online, or anything. We have played COD4 and Warhawk together without any problems with our mics. Honestly, there is a problem with the mics on UT3. Even when they're working they crackle and break up.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
          I have the audio option "mute voice" set to off, I turn my mic on before loading up UT3, I get the checkmark by my name saying I have voice, I know what button to press(and hold) to transmit my voice, and I can get my mic to work maybe 10% of the time online.

I got my brother a PS3 with UT3 for Christmas, and we play together all the time. He uses a wired logitech headset, and I use my bluetooth one. We used to be able to hear each other, but it would break up a lot and overall was very sketchy. For the last week or longer we can't even get our mics to work in campaign, online, or anything. We have played COD4 and Warhawk together without any problems with our mics. Honestly, there is a problem with the mics on UT3. Even when they're working they crackle and break up.
          Exact same thing here.

Comment

I got in a match with my brother earlier tonight and we could hear each other's garbled sentences. The very next match in the same server it was gone.

That was after 3 freezes in a row trying to join VCTF Midway servers. But that's another thread...

Comment

Hi all. Please try these steps if you're seeing the mic not working:

1) Paired and Registered the headset
              2) Verified the Audio Device Settings were correct and clicked on Connect Bluetooth.
              3) Turned off, then back on the Bluetooth headset.
              4) Verified in Audio Settings "Mute Voices" is turned Off.
              5) Verified in Input Settings "Toggle Speaking" is bound.

Please let me know if anyone still having issues after confirming these.

Grinchy: So it was working "ok" then on server travel you lost voice? Does disconnecting and reconnecting to the server make any difference? Also, are you pressing any controller buttons during the server travel to the new level?

Thanks!

Comment

What I've found "works" is for me to go into the audio device settings on the XMB, and make sure it is registering my voice (before ever loading up UT3). When the little bar is moving when I speak I know my voice is going through, then I'll leave the audio settings menu and I'll hear the beeps on my headset. I load up UT3, and I can hear the very slight static that tells me that my mic is open for use and it's working.

Sometimes after joining a game that tiny static is gone and I can't hear nor speak to anyone, including my brother who plays in the servers I pick. Other times we can hear each other a little bit, and then when the new map loads it's gone again.

@WarTourist: I use keyboard/mouse to play so I don't hit any buttons on the controller or the keyboard while switching maps in the same server. We also play campaign together and it's the same deal. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. I haven't tried disconnecting and reconnecting to see if it comes back or not, but we play all different types of games so if we leave a TDM server and go to play WAR our mics haven't come back from the transition before.

Comment

Thanks for the info Grinchy. We're trying to duplicate the problem here with little success, but we're still working on it.

Comment

Response from Midway

Well I emailed Epic weeks ago, still waiting for their response...so I emailed Midway and here was their response (I think it's funny):

Response:
                    Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

The voice chat is functioning on the PS3. By default you have to hold down the right button on the D-pad to talk. This button can be changed to a different button but you'll still have to hold it down to talk.

Regards,
                    Midway Tech/Customer Support

I wasn't completely satisfied with their response so I asked them to try again:

Response:
                    Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

There are a number of things that may be happening. First, people just aren't talking. Second, people don't know how to talk. Third, people don't have headsets and microphones.

I've also provided instructions on connecting the two main types of headset.

If you are using Bluetooth:

1) Pair and register your bluetooth device to your ps3.
                    2) Go to Audio Device Settings and set Mic Level to 5 and click Connect Bluetooth. Verify your device is set for both
                    input and output device.
                    3) Turn your headset off after pairing and turn it back on.

If you are using USB:

1) Go to Audio Device Settings and set Mic Level to 5. Verify your device is set for both input and output device.

Now start your game. Once in game:

1) Go to Audio Settings. Verify Mute Voices is turned Off.
                    2) Go to Input Settings and set your controller to Default.
                    3) Enter a game with your friend and press and HOLD right on the D-Pad while you are talking.

If you need any further assistance, let us know.

Regards,
                    Midway Tech/Customer Support

Seems like they won't even admit they have an issue. Just wanted to share this in case someone was thinking of contacting Midway Tech support.

ps I have tried all these steps...no go.

Comment

PS3 Bluetooth mic not working in UT3

I have read every forum post and tutorial on how to chat during UT3 online or campaign games with no Success!! EPIC and SONY you need to fix this problem. Everything I play on 360 works flawless as far as chat goes. Now I finally get a great multiplayer game for PS3 and it does not work. Please update us with a fix for the chat problems and one more thing, even if you get the com system to work it will be useless if you have to hold right on the d-pad the whole time. this game is way to fast to have to hold in the d-pad.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                        Hi all. Please try these steps if you're seeing the mic not working:

1) Paired and Registered the headset
                        2) Verified the Audio Device Settings were correct and clicked on Connect Bluetooth.
                        3) Turned off, then back on the Bluetooth headset.
                        4) Verified in Audio Settings "Mute Voices" is turned Off.
                        5) Verified in Input Settings "Toggle Speaking" is bound.

Please let me know if anyone still having issues after confirming these.

Grinchy: So it was working "ok" then on server travel you lost voice? Does disconnecting and reconnecting to the server make any difference? Also, are you pressing any controller buttons during the server travel to the new level?

Thanks!
                        I'm still having issues after confirming these. My microphone (USB or bluetooth) will not allow me to hear anyone or be heard by anyone (that I know of). I've tested it with all my online friends who have the game and they have the same issues. All of the steps you listed had been done correctly by everyone I tested it with and myself included.

EDIT: By the way, my microphones work fine in Call of Duty 4, Burnout Paradise demo, Resistance Fall of Man, Eye of Judgement, and every other game on the PS3 that uses a microphone for communication.

Comment

usb micros needs drivers, drivers needs source, i do not think ur usb micro drivers are inplanted in sony os so that might be the problem.

Comment

One thing many people have pointed out is that it's slightly frustrating to be told that the user is doing something wrong with his mic/system when he can take UT3 out of his disc drive, put in any other game, get online, and have flawless voice chat. In no other game does any special preparation need to be done in order to have a working mic.

That said, bugs suck and we should all expect them with such advanced games these days. We are talking about Epic here, so I think we can all expect any problems to be fixed.

Comment

Me and about 5 others from my clan are having the same problems with our mics, they work in all other games and in the chat but when we try to play co-op on UTIII PS3 it just doesn't work, we all have followed the exact instructions for the mics on these forums but still to no avail. You need to fix it epic.

Comment

Working...
                              X