Poor Performance with e6750 & 8800GT 512mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i have played ut for years so this is going to sound stupid but hpw do you check you fps I never have

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks , the new drivers helped alot.
    Playing with the 'Competitive settings'
    100% 1/1 - Muted 1440x900 and had a max of 350 FPS mid CTF-ThornsCEC LOL:P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem is Vista, doesn't matter which version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will definitely try all that, I will get back to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    You do know there are two very different Vista OS available. The good 64 bit Vista and the **** poor 32 bit vista. Do you know which you have?
    ? Since when was 32 bit Vista '**** poor'? Just because it can only address 3 to 3.5gb of ram?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you checked out the other thread?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...585666&page=70

Sounds like you need to go back to the troubleshooting and clean up your system.

FAQ.http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Masklin View Post
    I have a better rig than you, but I never get locked 85, ever. People tell me that's expected, but hell no it bloody isn't. This is ucked up.

Anyway, my point being you're not alone, I don't get your choppinessthingy, but I get instead a framerate slowly fluctuating between 39 and 300 with all settings lowered to DukeNukem3D quality in 640-480. (The low framerate happens when facing large areas)

Peace.
    :S
    when I was on XP I played 1440x900 100% 5 detail 3 word
    and I locked my FPS at 85 and it was the smoothest, best graphics , game play ever..
    and now its just impossible
    Its only on unreal games too..:S
    Just put alot of games I have on max possible settings with antialiasing and vsync on and fps locks at 85 , perfect performance
    Then ut3,ut99 just sucks=[

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a better rig than you, but I never get locked 85, ever. People tell me that's expected, but hell no it bloody isn't. This is ucked up.

Anyway, my point being you're not alone, I don't get your choppinessthingy, but I get instead a framerate slowly fluctuating between 39 and 300 with all settings lowered to DukeNukem3D quality in 640-480. (The low framerate happens when facing large areas)

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    Install Vista hot fixes http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

Install the NVIDIA 169.28 Drivers located here: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ut3_downloads.html

Make sure uninstall the old driver first
    After doing that , At the beginning of every map it lags for 2-3 seconds, mid through map It just goes from
    200-40 FPS non stop, horrible choppiness =[

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Deific View Post
    Oh yeah, Im guessing I have the '**** Poor 32 bit Vista Ultimate'

even tho I was told 64bit Vista is ****
    Forums are wide open places. You really have to watch out for fan boy info and analysis. It's always best to upgrade after the smoke clears and the facts are in. There's a lot more bad info available than good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you , doing that now then will reply if fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Install Nvidia Vista hot fix and NVidia 169.28 drivers?

Install Vista hot fixes http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

Install the NVIDIA 169.28 Drivers located here: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ut3_downloads.html

Make sure uninstall the old driver first

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yeah, Im guessing I have the '**** Poor 32 bit Vista Ultimate'

even tho I was told 64bit Vista is ****

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which vista Ultimate?

Originally posted by Deific View Post
    I'm not sure if this could be the issue, but I formated a week ago and went to vista (Bad Choice) but I didn't have one , Vista or nothing anyways
    PC Stats are
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66 - Normal
    P35C-DS3R Gigabyte Tech Motherboard
    250gb SATA barracuda or w/e hardrive
    BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512mb - 75hz refresh rate - Driver version : 7.15.11.6925
    2 gigs ddr2 ram - stock

Microsoft Windows Ultimate

-
    I would like to know if theres something I could do , or someone can help.

Thanks
    You do know there are two very different Vista OS available. The good 64 bit Vista and the **** poor 32 bit vista. Do you know which you have?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Poor Performance with e6750 & 8800GT 512mb

Poor Performance with e6750 & 8800GT 512mb

I'm not sure if this could be the issue, but I formated a week ago and went to vista (Bad Choice) but I didn't have one , Vista or nothing anyways
    PC Stats are
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66 - Normal
    P35C-DS3R Gigabyte Tech Motherboard
    250gb SATA barracuda or w/e hardrive
    BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512mb - 75hz refresh rate - Product Current
    Installed Driver
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 169.25 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.
    2 gigs ddr2 ram - stock

Microsoft Windows Ultimate

-
    Well the problem is , I installed on vista ..Installed all the games etc but I didn't really play UT3 until like 4 days later , when I found out new nvidia drivers came out ..so I updated and when I go to load UT3 in my (Competitive settings)
    1440x900
    100% Screen Percentage 1 Word 1 Detail Reduce Gore , Muted processing
    Everything turned off for maximum visibility ..Well I had these settings when I was running on XP and i had a 150-200 FPS average, a bit lower on some maps, it was phenomenal.
    When I changed to 'ZOMG Graphics'
    1440x900 100% 5 Detail 5 Word Intense processing, Everything max I locked my fps at 85, It was a steady 85 with no lag at all.

Computer was formated , installed on windows vista ultimate and now I go try my 'Competitive settings' and I do not get above 90 fps , my FPS DROP as low as 30 on maps like Coret (Low corridor) it used to be as low as 110 there before .. Also constant choppiness , Every 3-4 seconds it would lag like if I had high ping , but with stat fps on it was FPS dropping.

With my 'ZOMG Graphics' settings its even worse lol.

--Not sure if this matters but I also have ut99 installed and that game chops as bad as ut3.

***THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN UNREAL GAMES***
    I do not know why, I play COD4 max settings , AAx4 with a 85 FPS Locked
    Every game runs perfectly fine, max settings great FPS.
    I use RivaTuner to put up fan speed on my fan for certain games 78% being ut3 70% being all other games
    and nTune (Nvidia monitor) to watch temps.
    Temperatures are always in the 55-63C , so that isn't an issue..

I would like to know if theres something I could do , or someone can help.

Thanks
Working...
X