Foliage issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foliage issue

So I recently got UT3 and so far everything has been great! Now that I've played a few maps I've noticed that there is a consistent problem with my foliage. I can't get it to stop going crazy. Here's a screenshot of the problem:

This happens for all similar foliage on any map. I haven't noticed any other structure with this problem. Has anyone here got a fix or made any progress?

Specs:
    DFI LANParty Ultra-D (939)
    AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.4GHz
    ATi X1800XT 512MB
    Creative Audigy SE
    2GB G.Skill DDR500
    Corsair 620HX

That's not a texture, that's a foliage bug. I had something similar in COD2 happen to me but it went away after a reboot. Did you try the usual (driver updates and stuff like that)?

Comment

Yeah, I updated to Catalyst 7.12 and after it showed up the first time. I didn't notice any change. I also know for a fact that my video card is not overheating.

Comment

hmm... re install ut3.

Comment

Hmm normally things like that is caused by bad drivers or an overheating issue.
          But as you sound like you know your way around a computer,i`m not sure tbh.

Comment

Did you try an older version of Catalyst? One of the reasons I switched to Nvidia was bad ATI drivers.

Comment

This looks awfully familiar. (X1900XT here.) I got finally rid of it by installing the latest Omega drivers.

Comment

I had the same problems, only on this map gateway. Uninstall Your ati, then switch to the safe mode, then use driver cleaner pro to clean all ati. Then restart and install catalyst for ex. 7.12 It helps me

Comment

The problem seems to do with the z-compression tweaks some drivers (and also ATI Tray tools) turn on.

See this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...9&postcount=12

Strange, that it affects only a few maps.

Comment

Working...
                  X