ut3 errors on start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 errors on start

I recently bought a new 8800gtx card, and have happily been playing ut3 at max settings, without any problems... untill now.

I installed nHance (64-bit) because i heard that it should help with some games, but now I cant get ut3 to launch. when the splash screen comes up I get an error.

this is part of the launch.log file

Code:
    Critical: appError called:
    Critical: Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.

RaiseException() Address = 0x76b03843 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x74268e69 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8\MSVCR80.dll]
    Address = 0xb2caf2   (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]
    Address = 0xe8742c4c (filename not found)
    I dont think its a problem with my drivers though, because i can still run bioshock fine, and if i'm not mistaken, it also uses the ut3 engine

i dont know what this nhance thing does but i would try reinstalling ut3.
    and if you were running fine before, then why try to make things better? dont fix what isnt broken.

Comment

Someone is having a similar error here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=595783

What OS are you using?

Comment

I am using vista 64-bit, I guess i'll try reinstalling later

I tried out nHance because of some AA problems, but that didnt have anything to do with the game

Comment

I reinstalled the game, but that didnt help (i didnt expect it would, because the log said it was missing a system file)

any ideas? :-s

Comment

when you are launching ut3, are you doing it through this nhance thing or are you running the ut3.exe file?

Comment

Originally posted by cakofony View Post
              I am using vista 64-bit
              That could be your problem. You might have to tweak some other stuff to get it working right.

Comment

I reinstalled vista and it works fine, i'm not sure what the problem was, I just hope it doesnt happen again, lol

Comment

you reinstalled vista?? wow. there was probably an easier way to do it, but hey, at least it works now

Comment

lol, I am mainly a linux user, I just have vista for gaming. I only had three or four games installed anyway. It wasnt really a big deal to reinstall.

Comment

Did you not install nHance? That was probably the problem. Don't install it if it gives you problems.

Comment

It might be worth your while to completely uninstall your current drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper and install (or reinstall) the latest beta drivers. It worked for me when none of the .ini settings did.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Comment

this time around I didn't install nHance, I am fairly sure that it was the problem

Comment

Originally posted by alcom77 View Post
                            It might be worth your while to completely uninstall your current drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper and install (or reinstall) the latest beta drivers. It worked for me when none of the .ini settings did.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper
                            He reinstalled Vista, so he probably has the latest drivers and a pretty empty registry.

Comment

problem

everytime i try to start ut3 if crashes, but the editor opens just fine.

how can i fix this?

Comment

Working...
                              X