Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell? I tried to play a map but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell? I tried to play a map but...

I downloaded a map someone in my clan made, he provided a link for his map and a link to a demo of the map. I downloaded his map and played it, I found it ran pretty slow on my machine. So after that I quit the game and downloaded the demo of the map as I wanted to see it played smoothly. I created a 'Demos' folder in the UTGame folder. I then ran the game and tried to view the demo but for some reason I got an error message which said cannot find file etc.

So I tried to play the map again, but when I did this happened:

So can anyone tell me, what the hell is this and why it happened? I can now no longer play this map (Well until I delete it and re-download it) and the message now pops up with every map I play, except on that map I'm stuck with the message and the map won't load.

I also had this once, try deleting the inf (or something) file from the map.
    You have for Ex. DM-map.UT3 DM-map.inf (or ini or some text file) and another. Just delete the text file, it worked for my but maybe you're having other problems. Hope this helps.
    Cya

Comment

The person that made the map didon't include a text file, it was purely based on standered UT3 content. It works now I re-downloaded it, but it's just very weird why I got that message.

Comment

On my PC it always shows when i play vs bots but it just pops up for a tenth of a second or so, not enough to see wich language it is or something xD Anyways, happy it's fixed

Comment

Working...
        X