Blue screnn & then death of PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Cool Glad you fixed it,also remember if your going to overclock it,get some extra cooling.
    You was lucky you did not break the card tbh,but that problem was prob caused by it overheating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fixed it... took out my GPU, connected my monitor to mother board graphics n started the PC, then uninstalled drivers and system restore and put back in the GPU and there you have it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
    It's a process of elimination really, and if you want to eliminate heat as a possible cause you could DL and install a program called Rivatuner and then alt-tab out from the game to monitor your GPU temps.
    My PC doesn't even load so i cannot d/l anything or run any programs, im on work PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok thanks, i was thinking of upgrading my gpu anyway... would the problem be solved if i bought a new 8800GT and installed it? or would this just be a waste of money n my pc remain broke?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The key word is overclocked.
    I`m guessing your card is overheating real bad,or you broke it by overclocking it.
    Take your card out clean the dust on it while it`s out and plug it back in.you might be lucky and it`s starts to work ok again.

[edit]btw breaking your card should not break your system,unless you have a massive power surge

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a process of elimination really, and if you want to eliminate heat as a possible cause you could DL and install a program called Rivatuner and then alt-tab out from the game to monitor your GPU temps.

Leave a comment:

• replied

___________________---

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any1 help me lol.. really need get me pc fixed

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Blue screnn & then death of PC

Blue screnn & then death of PC

lol... adventurous name :P

anyway, i was playing the campaign & i loaded one of the WAR maps, i started playing, got about 5 minutes gameplay at 10-25 FPS [ i average 60 on DM maps].
    So at roughly 5 minutes in i get a crash n a NVD_Display error on a blue screen, there was no further information so i manually restarted my PC, it loaded the windows XP like normal then is started loading desktop and froze. I waited up to 10 minutes. Nothing changed. I restarted it again, same problem except now it just had a blank screen with random coloured pixels everywhere. I dont have the windows installation CD anymore [my friend borrowed n neva gave back].

I did recently overclock my Nividia 7600GS as it is a **** card, but it played fine on other WAR maps.

I have the patch installed, and specs are:

Intel Pentium D 2.8Ghz[dual core]
    1 Gb corsair RAM
    Geforce 7600GS 256MB
Working...
X