How do I add a server to favorites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I add a server to favorites?

How do I add a server to my favorites? I have a server I like to play on a lot and would like to add it to the favorites like I could in UT '99, 2k3, and 2k4.

atm I think you whistling in the dark as I am yet to find any answers to the broken menu system .
    Adding friends does not always work
    Adding servers I am yet to find a way
    And history of where you have been is non-exsistant

Minor issues but no response so I wish you luck

Comment

can't find the button either xD

Comment

First you have to join the server and then it will show in Server History and then press Add Favorite.

If you don't see any servers in your server history it's because of another bug from epic, when you add a certain number of servers (i think 9) it won't show any servers.

To fix this you have to clear the server id's in your UTGame.ini everytime you add x servers that will result in bug. Same bug applies for the favorites.

[UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchHistory]
        ServerUniqueId[0]=
        ServerUniqueId[1]=
        ServerUniqueId[2]=
        ServerUniqueId[3]=
        ServerUniqueId[4]=
        ServerUniqueId[5]=
        ServerUniqueId[6]=
        ServerUniqueId[7]=
        ServerUniqueId[8]=
        ServerUniqueId[9]=
        ServerUniqueId[10]=
        ServerUniqueId[11]=
        ServerUniqueId[12]=
        ServerUniqueId[13]=
        ServerUniqueId[14]=

[UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchFavorites]
        ServerUniqueId[0]=
        ServerUniqueId[1]=
        ServerUniqueId[2]=
        ServerUniqueId[3]=
        ServerUniqueId[4]=
        ServerUniqueId[5]=
        ServerUniqueId[6]=
        ServerUniqueId[7]=
        ServerUniqueId[8]=
        ServerUniqueId[9]=
        ServerUniqueId[10]=
        ServerUniqueId[11]=
        ServerUniqueId[12]=
        ServerUniqueId[13]=
        ServerUniqueId[14]=

Comment

So, it's been like this for a month. Are they going to patch it or leave it as is?

Comment

Who knows... this game is a bug and only a new game will fix it.

Comment

The server browser used to be great in previous UT games. This piece of **** we have been handed from Gamespy is a joke. Even if you set things to your liking in one session, it will be gone the next. There is an incredible lack of info in the browser and the server list is erratic at best.

Comment

i Agree i feel Cheated buying this game and the amount of bandwidth the game eats went up and the code looks like they broke part of the native automation

(ut3 downgraded scripting code)
                ut2k4 only ever created objects in defaults for emmitters and makeing meshe objects were automaticly handled natively

also the archtype varible i believe is where it looks for inherited operations which should have been handled with "class something extends <archtype>"

im kinda mad they don't have any maya ple 7.0 actorX and i can't see a reason to buy it if they are gona do this again and have even less support

also i see the scavanger code is not finished iv seen a few times the legs would retract and be gone forever and instead of walking it would float around above the ground

Comment

so... is that the only method to add more favorites?

Comment

Is there any way to add server IPs to the Favorites list by modifying the UTGame.ini file? I'm looking over the file now and instead of IP addresses I'm seeing stuff like:

[UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchHistory]
                    ServerHistory[0]=0
                    ServerHistory[1]=117419668
                    ServerHistory[2]=117059186
                    ServerHistory[3]=117653740
                    ServerUniqueId[0]=116848082
                    ServerUniqueId[1]=116794439
                    ServerUniqueId[2]=116157493

[UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchFavorites]
                    ServerUniqueId[0]=118813303
                    ServerUniqueId[1]=118712963
                    ServerUniqueId[2]=113108384

What the heck are all those numbers? Any way to change the Favorites so I can add an IP, say 255.255.255.255?password=private?

I copied some of those numbers from the History listings and put them in Favorites and sure enough, servers showed up as Favorites in the game but they weren't the last ones I'd played on. Go figure.

As I learn more and more about this game, it becomes increasingly apparent to me just how big of a mess it is compared to the now polished UT 2004. It's like UT 2003 all over again, but maybe worse. The only way to salvage the franchise for PC gamers might be to overhaul user interface and server browser and release a UT 3.5 or a UT4 in the same way that they polished up UT 2003 and released a UT 2004. I'm really starting to understand why this game has failed to reign in and retain the attention of diehard UT99 and UT 2004 fans--the folks who should be eagerly gobbling UT3 up.

Comment

yeah that's pretty sweet to at least know how to get my history showing something again. With the amount of time I spend playing this, I DAM WELL BETTER HAVE SOME HISTORY! also been wanting to get my fave's on fer a while now, too. all the other stuff said: agree.
                      It's totally beyond comprehension.... really..... seems almost impossible how much of a regression UT3's non-gameplay interaction&customization is vs that of previous ut games.

Comment

So, what we have to do is (?):

1. Open the UTGame.ini file and blank out the entries in the History area, both GamesearchHistory and ServerUniqueID and save (make backup first).

2. Open up the UT3 game and join the servers you want to add to the list of Favorites. If they show up in the History tab then add them to the list of Favorites.

3. If they don't show up in the list of Favorites, then close UT3 and open up the UTGame.ini file again and then manually copy the ServerUniqueID numbers to the Favorites list to put them in the list of Favorites and save.

(?)

Comment

Originally posted by f00dl3 View Post
                          So, it's been like this for a month. Are they going to patch it or leave it as is?
                          Will the PC game even receive another patch at all? It's not like sales have been going through the roof to the point where it might be worth the effort and I haven't heard any further talk about beta patches being released on the server admin's mailing list although I heard a rumor that select insiders are testing the new beta patches to keep them from getting out to the public again. Mark Rein did say that great things were on the way for the game or something to that effect in an earlier thread.

Do you guys remember what happened to Tribes: Vengeance and one of its patches (according to the rumor mill)? Story here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200504090...le.php/id/285/

With all this hubbub, Tribes: Vengeance slipped into the background. Actually, it never did get the spotlight. Right from the beginning it had very little advertising or hype of any kind. Needless to say, it didn't sell well, despite getting good reviews from most of the media (82% average). Why would the average gamer buy this little-known game when they could use that money to buy any of the other AAA games that were all over the internet?

Now the Tribes community did its best to make up for the shortcomings of VUG's marketing. They spammed forums and they emailed websites. Unfortunately when the game actually came out, a good portion of them hated it. I guess that's what happens when you try to bring a niche game into the mainstream. The game had issues. It was buggy in many non-gameplay areas, such as observing and tournament mode.
                          Sound eerily familiar? However, in the case of UT3, presumably Epic wouldn't have to pay anyone to release a patch and the game play itself is fundamentally good and well-liked by most people, including veterans, who own the game. We can only hope that those Epic employees who sincerely love the game and the series will get it all sorted out and polished (as much as is possible) and that Epic will follow some people's suggestions and release a second, polished retail version titled something along the lines of "Unreal Tournament 3: Online Multiplayer Extreme Edition".

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                            So, what we have to do is (?):

1. Open the UTGame.ini file and blank out the entries in the History area, both GamesearchHistory and ServerUniqueID and save (make backup first).

2. Open up the UT3 game and join the servers you want to add to the list of Favorites. If they show up in the History tab then add them to the list of Favorites.

3. If they don't show up in the list of Favorites, then close UT3 and open up the UTGame.ini file again and then manually copy the ServerUniqueID numbers to the Favorites list to put them in the list of Favorites and save.

(?)
                            Nope...that didnt work....still nothing in my history.

Comment

OK....I've got it figured out for those that are having a problem with the history and favorites.

Comment

Working...
                              X