UT3.exe not working properly/UT3 cannot startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3.exe not working properly/UT3 cannot startup

I have had UT3 for 3 days now,and for 3 days,have been researching an answer to this problem. I installed UT3 just fine,but when I went to play UT3,the picture sat in the middle of my screen for 10 seconds. Then a Windows box came up saying Ut3 has encountered a problem, and it checks for the reason,then it changes and says Windows will alert me when a solution will be found(which by the looks of it,NEVER). This is the real retail game that I bought,NOT THE DEMO SO DON'T POST ABOUT IT IN HERE! I am running Windows Vista,on a brand new 2007 Gateway,with only a few other games/programs on it(World of Warcraft, Steam[only Counter Strike:Source], AIM, Unreal Anthology[WHICH WORKS FINE!], and Itunes). Please,please reply, and try to help resolve this annoy problem!

I'm having a very similar problem.

I'm able to see the start up logo screens, but once it gets to the "Press any key to continue" screen it crashes to desktop.

I know I meet system requirements:
    2.6 Dual Core
    2 gigs ram
    nVidia 8600 GTS 256 mb

and yes, I just updated the drivers to recent this morning (just got the card today)

I'm frankly in a pickle and confused at my options, any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by The_One View Post
      I have had UT3 for 3 days now,and for 3 days,have been researching an answer to this problem. I installed UT3 just fine,but when I went to play UT3,the picture sat in the middle of my screen for 10 seconds. Then a Windows box came up saying Ut3 has encountered a problem, and it checks for the reason,then it changes and says Windows will alert me when a solution will be found(which by the looks of it,NEVER). This is the real retail game that I bought,NOT THE DEMO SO DON'T POST ABOUT IT IN HERE! I am running Windows Vista,on a brand new 2007 Gateway,with only a few other games/programs on it(World of Warcraft, Steam[only Counter Strike:Source], AIM, Unreal Anthology[WHICH WORKS FINE!], and Itunes). Please,please reply, and try to help resolve this annoy problem!
      I have the exact same problem, also on a new gateway running vista. Been looking everywhere for anything to fix this but i've come up empty, a little help?

Comment

Working...
      X