Computer Reset When UT3 Loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Reset When UT3 Loads

This was a PM I had lined up to WarTourist but I was unable to send it.

Hello,

Yesterday I received Unreal Tournament III as a Christmas present. Before asking for it I checked up my computer specs against those on the internet, and they more than matched them (although they were less than the 'recommended' specs). Installation was entirely successful but unfortunately, every time I load the game my computer resets itself, citing a "stop" error as the reason when it restarts. I have downloaded all of the latest drivers for my video card and applied the latest patch to the game, but I still have not found a solution to the problem. Unfortunately, due to this reason I may have to return the game to the shop, but I thought it wise to ask for some technical support first, so if you could help me I'd be very much thankful. I'm not exactly a technical whizz, so I'll include the computer specs that match up against the minimum ones:

Windows XP
    Intel Pentium D Processor 820 2.8 GHz
    512Mb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300SE

Thanks for your time,
    AD
    If you have a solution, please give me step-by-step instructions because as I mentioned I'm no Bill Gates (ah, if only). Thanks everyone - I appreciate you giving up your time.

EDIT: I have searched but have yet to find any information that's worked for others with the same problem.
Working...
X