Game will not start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game will not start up

I installed it today and whenever I try to run it, I get the picture on my desktop, then my screen goes black as if its loading, but then my moniter displays its "I'm disconencted, so I'm going to cut off now to save power" message. It comes back on about five seconds later, but the screen never comes back except for the mouse arrow. I can tell theres a window there because my mouse arrow only displays in a square area in the middle of the screen. Please help, I've gone through a billion different moniter settings, and have even tried setting up two different moniters. I'm pretty sure I meet the recommended system requirements so I;m not sure what the problem is.

problem solved, I can play now, but it still randomly crashes every now and then. I installed the patch, and did the edit stuff in UTengine.ini

Is there anything else that might fix it? The game is playable now, but its still annoying when it crashes about half an hour into playing it.

It crashed when I was about to win an epic game of warfare.

Comment

Do what the troubleshooting FAQ says to do

Go to this thread and do what it says before you continue on your thread. This is the troubleshooting FAQ.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

From your post, you have yet to follow the instructions posted in it.

If that does not work, try a clean bare bones install, you will need a spare hard drive. Disconnect your current drive and hook up the spare. Install your OS on the spare drive and nothing beside the required drivers to run the game and the game itself. Nothing else at all and see how it runs then. If it does not run, you likely have a hardware issue such as memory, cpu, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        Go to this thread and do what it says before you continue on your thread. This is the troubleshooting FAQ.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

From your post, you have yet to follow the instructions posted in it.

If that does not work, try a clean bare bones install, you will need a spare hard drive. Disconnect your current drive and hook up the spare. Install your OS on the spare drive and nothing beside the required drivers to run the game and the game itself. Nothing else at all and see how it runs then. If it does not run, you likely have a hardware issue such as memory, cpu, etc.
        Its already running on a separate hard drive.

For some reason my D: drive couldn't read the disk at all, even though it is a CD/DVD drive, and when I went into my computer, it acted as though my drive didn't exist at all. So I installed it on my dads computer, and sent all the files through the network, and installed it without the disk.

Comment

I tried installing ne of those stupid drivers, but it said "Not tested by windows logo, installing this might screw up your computer". I want UT3 to work, but I want to keep the rest of my computer too thanks.

Man, if this game weren't UT3, I wouldv'e chucked it in the trash by now.

Comment

Working...
          X