crash problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crash problems

i just got the game in christmas present and was very happy, i install it and try to play it... when i start a game in instant action it comes up with an error, i restart my computer and then it work... i see the graphics are bad and turn the screen % from 50 to 100... the graphics gets better, i play the game for like 1-2 hrs, then i take a break... when i start the game agian and tries to start a game it loads and then the screen starts to flash black... i cant do anything so i restart my computer by holding down the power button... anyway i start game agian and samething happends...

i tried turning down the screen % from 100 to 75 and down to 50 agian... nothing work...

my computer specs:
    intel core duo T5500 1.66 ghz and 667 mhz, 2mb L2 cache
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 PCI express 128mb VRAM
    1gb DDR2 ram

im playing on a Acer TravelMate 4283 WLMI laptop.

edit: some extra info: i tried to start the game agian, cause i read something about it might be because of the profile, so i went into campaign and it work.

2nd edit: i played campaign and then it went black just after entering the axon SPMA in a node map named torlan...

3rd edit: i tried installing patch 1.1, yet it still crashes after some time in a game.

no one know how to fix this problem?

Comment

Do what the troubleshooting FAQ says to do

Go to this thread and do what it says before you continue on your thread. This is the troubleshooting FAQ.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

From your post, you have yet to follow the instructions posted in it.

If that does not work, try a clean bare bones install. Backup the files you want to keep on a CD or DVD. Format your drive and install your OS and nothing besides the required drivers to run the game and the game itself. Nothing else at all and see how it runs then. If it does not run, you likely have a hardware issue such as memory, cpu, gpu, etc.

Comment

Epic does'nt even know how to fix there bug/crash filled game.1 of the most anticipated games turned out to be 1 of the most bug/crash ridden games in many years.

Comment

is there a way to fix this black screen?? i really wanna play =/ i mailed wartourist but he havin't answered yet... got a mail (automatic mail) saying he would get back today (the 27 december)...

like i wrote earlier: i play like 10-20 mins then suddenly my screen turns black, then flashes to a less black colour and then back to full black and agian... this keeps happending when i meet the error =/

sometimes the game just makes an error and windows asks me if i wanna send a report or not...

Comment

I would download Rivatuner and use that to lake a log of GPU temperature levels. Also download Coretemp to monitor your CPU temp levels. Overheating can sometimes be the cause of a crash.

Comment

or its cos you're on a laptop.
              might have absolutely no connection but my copy of UT2004 worked perfectly on mine and my dad's PCs but crashed the laptop everytime i tried to play it even tho the laptop was above the minimum requirements.

if i'm wrong tell me and i'll delete this, just trying to help

Comment

uhm... my computer has just been in germany at Acer... no problems found so its not my computer...

Comment

whats the vram req for ut3, I really dont know

Comment

it says on the back of the game:

recommended system requirements
                    2.4 Ghz Dual Core Processor ------> i got dual core processor 1.66 ghz and 667 mhz
                    1 Gb RAM ------------------------> i got 1 gb DDR2 ram
                    NVidia 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card --> i got NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 PCI Express 128MB VRAM

only thing that isnt good enough for recommended is my grafik card... but minimum is a nvidia 6200+ so my grafik card should be good enough...

Comment

That FAQ link is full of good tips, but the fix that I used wasn't there. I just cleaned out all my display drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper, installed the latest betas (at that time 169.13) and haven't had a crash since.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Comment

Originally posted by alcom77 View Post
                        That FAQ link is full of good tips, but the fix that I used wasn't there. I just cleaned out all my display drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper, installed the latest betas (at that time 169.13) and haven't had a crash since.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper
                        hmmm this is beta... and if my problem isnt solved can i then install my other version of driver agian and the beta is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by LeQuak View Post
                          hmmm this is beta... and if my problem isnt solved can i then install my other version of driver agian and the beta is removed?
                          Of course, my horse. If you'd prefer, try the latest official release. Mine happened to work better with the betas and I've never had a problem with any nVidia or ATI betas downloaded from Guru3d.com in the last 5 years.

It might warn you that the official drivers are older than the betas, but you can just click "Install Anyway" and overwrite. Or, if you're really paranoid, run Driver Sweeper again and start with the official drivers.

Comment

well basicly i wanna know this because, if the beta messes up my grafik i want to be sure i can fix it by installing the version i got now... and by fix i mean: when installing the driver version i got now all the beta files gets removed and replaced...

are you sure that will happend if i do it?

Comment

Working...
                            X