How can I improve performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I improve performance?

Just got the game today (I know christmas is tomorrow but I couldn't wait )

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    1G ram
    Radeon X1300

I could see upgrading the memory first which I will do soon, but how about the video card? I can run OK but it could be better. The graphics at default and the framerate is a bit sluggish, but still playable.

The games a bit hard to control but maybe that's because I'm used to UT2004. I just need to adjust perhaps.

If you read the Ultron tweaking thread and follow the ubar-performance guide you'll be happy I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Masklin View Post
      If you read the Ultron tweaking thread and follow the ubar-performance guide you'll be happy I say.
      That made quite a difference! I can play with the settings at 3 comfortably.

I'm getting pretty good too!

Comment

Originally posted by Secundus View Post
        Just got the game today (I know christmas is tomorrow but I couldn't wait )

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
        1G ram
        Radeon X1300

I could see upgrading the memory first which I will do soon, but how about the video card? I can run OK but it could be better. The graphics at default and the framerate is a bit sluggish, but still playable.

The games a bit hard to control but maybe that's because I'm used to UT2004. I just need to adjust perhaps.

You can do better with a new video card. Since your using an ATI card, you may be interested in this;

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=7

Since your playing OK now, you should watch the prices of the latest cards as they drop over the few months. You will be surprised at the the performance of the new cards. Currently, they are all overpriced because they are new.

Comment

Working...
        X