Unreal Editor - Freelook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Editor - Freelook?

Hi. I was wondering if there is a way to get into a sort of freelook mode in the Unreal Editor. By this I mean, is there a way I look through the loaded map by moving my mouse and navigating through the level using W,A,S,D, or by using the arrow keys kinda like how you move around when you type 'fly' in the console in the game?
    I have usually been using the Source engine with mapping. The program for that is called the Valve Hammer Editor. The Hammer editor is quite different from the Unreal Editor in the way you navigate through the level the mapper currently designing. In the Hammer editor, to move through the 3d space window, you simply press 'z' and you can do a freelook through the level by moving with the W,A,S,D keys and looking around with the mouse.
    When I started using the Unreal Editor, I was quite annoyed that I couldn't go into freelook mode like in Hammer. And I still am annoyed. The method of moving through the 3d space by clicking different mouse button combinations and dragging the mouse just seems... inefficient to me.

So, is there a way to get into 'freelook' mode that I just haven't noticed?
Working...
X