Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't I see anyone playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Why don't I see anyone playing?

    When I log on and go to the server browser and I sort servers by players, there are always very few people playing. I have tried it at all times of the day, especially at "prime time" (6:00PM - 12:00PM). I mainly play CTF, Vehicle CTF, and some Deathmatch. For example I checked CTF and Vehicle CTF yesterday and out of all the servers listed, most were empty and I think I counted a total of around 40 peps playing throughout the different servers. I would think that more than 40 people would be playing at one time throughout the world. I have all my filters off so that I can see as many servers as possible. Is there something wrong on my end, or are there not many people playing.

    #2
    6PM-12PM? That's an 18 hour period

    But I know what you mean. It's hard to get a good game of WAR or VCTF for me too besides 5pm and later. When you find a good one it's awesome though.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by cochese View Post
      When I log on and go to the server browser and I sort servers by players, there are always very few people playing. I have tried it at all times of the day, especially at "prime time" (6:00PM - 12:00PM). I mainly play CTF, Vehicle CTF, and some Deathmatch. For example I checked CTF and Vehicle CTF yesterday and out of all the servers listed, most were empty and I think I counted a total of around 40 peps playing throughout the different servers. I would think that more than 40 people would be playing at one time throughout the world. I have all my filters off so that I can see as many servers as possible. Is there something wrong on my end, or are there not many people playing.
      The server browser is better after the patch, but still has problems.
      I don't trust the player count I see. I think there are more players then it
      really shows.

      That has been my experience.

      Comment


        #4
        same

        same here

        it must be based off of where you live. Their connection must not reach everywhere. I can see midwest servers and such

        Its just like other games, but worse. In CSS I can see 4000 servers, but my friend can only see 750 with his connection

        but in the end... this is obviously a server side problem

        Comment


          #5
          a lot of the servers that look empty have people in em, its some server browser bug

          Comment


            #6
            Also loads of peoples pc's are in for repairs at the moment so now theres less and less.

            About two weeks ago i could easily find a warfare server but then my comp broke,

            Has the amount of people playing it suddenly dropped or can't you play people who are
            with / without the latest patches?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by msny View Post
              The server browser is better after the patch, but still has problems.
              I don't trust the player count I see. I think there are more players then it
              really shows.

              That has been my experience.
              Same here. For DM, many times it shows 0 and when I get in it's got a dozen players and near the frag limit. What ever happened to the list of players and the score like on the old UT2004 server browser?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by marilol View Post
                Also loads of peoples pc's are in for repairs at the moment so now theres less and less.

                About two weeks ago i could easily find a warfare server but then my comp broke,

                Has the amount of people playing it suddenly dropped or can't you play people who are
                with / without the latest patches?
                That depends on your connection, how many you see and how many have low ping to join. There were one 140 servers show up for me last night, pings are not always good. Now that the Linux dedicated server is out you will start seeing more. Especially 6v6 and 8v8 servers that folks have running in a corner somewhere in the house.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The server browser blows chunks. I guess they went with Gamespy with an eye toward cross platform play. Now we're stuck with it and it sucks. The old server browser and master server worked great. Maybe these things will be fixed in patch 26.5 . Of course, by then the game will be completely dead.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    even if there are no people that are playing, wait until after the holidays. i know many people that are getting this game for christmas or whatever holiday if they celebrate one.
                    my parents wont let me install the game until xmas :P. for now, im stuck playing the 3 levels in the demo.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Check the specs on UT3.

                      I built a brand new PC specifically so I could play UT3 -- Athlon x2 64 bit, 2G Ram, Sata drive and best of all: an nvidia 8800GT board.

                      My guess is a lot of people are finding they will have to update their hardware to be able to play Ut3.

                      In the meantime, I always find at least one or two games and the gaming is fast, exciting and wild. You only need a 12 people to have a good UT3 game anyway!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Isn't UT3 ment to be for mid range computers? Someone define a mid range computer for me please.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by msny View Post
                          I don't trust the player count I see. I think there are more players then it really shows.
                          I'd say the inverse. There is less people than what the browser report since it shows all the lame servers with bots.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I feel like I am not listing all the servers. I have run into a bug every now and then that I find that the browser lists a group of people in the server, but when I join no one is in there. I have not however found the opposite yet, if I did, that would be a nice surprise compared to not being able to find anyone to play against.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              i just got the game today, and i havent played much online, but i get a $hit load of servers that come up.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X