• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockup issues.

Mainboard : Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE
    Chipset : nVidia nForce 590 SLI
    Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2800 MHz
    Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
    Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 8800 GTS
    Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : ASUS DVD-E616A3T
    Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 23 inches
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    DirectX : Version 9.0c (July 2007)

Greetings, I am having a lockup issue with UT3. Everything I have is updated to the fullest. I've even uninstalled the game, uninstalled my drivers for my video card and reinstalled them.

I have the latest of everything. The game runs just fine but as I am playing the campaign mode or even instant action at random I get the usually, UT3.exe has caused an error, please send or do not send the error report to windows.

What is wrong? I do not know what is going on. Anyone else having this issue with locking up and getting an UT3.exe has caused and error and windows is shutting it down? I can run the game at max, I have hardware physics on, I have my enhanced 3D sounds going, that EAX mode. I do have that new sound card by Fataility? I only bought it cause the specs was good. Th Sound Blaster X-Fi.

I, uh, sorry for rambling but I am trying to think of what could cause it. I have post processing at default. I just maxed out everything and I get really good frames where even in combat with a lot of people online and it runs flawlessly.

Bump, anyone care to answer why I can play but it randomly at times locks up? I just notice at times I'm usually looking up in warfare attacking raptors.

Comment

try here, might be of some help.
      http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585666

Comment

[QUOTE=Kushak;25188011]Mainboard : Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE

i am using same as you only cpu is 6400
        change os to xp pro

never use home unless surfing only
        home always have errors

Comment

[QUOTE=rockerz;25189345]
          Originally posted by Kushak View Post
          Mainboard : Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE

i am using same as you only cpu is 6400
          change os to xp pro

never use home unless surfing only
          home always have errors
          One, home cost me only 50 bucks at last year's christmas at Bestbuy and it's the 'upgrade' thingy cause my very old comp back 7 years ago which my dad bought for me had Windows ME on it. So, yeah.... Besides I know for a fact that home and pro has little to nothing different.

Second, rockerz, it only has errors if certain people wouldn't customize and mess with things. I never ever EVER. Had problems with Windows Home. NEVER. It's not WINDOWS, it's the game. Stop blaming windows.

Third, Dead, I already tried those. It still does it. It isn't cause of my graphics or anything, it's cause of UT3. I still feel that they need to fix it some how. I saw the thread and still none of it works save for running it on low graphics which makes me puke.

The game runs just fine and dandy, it's just at random UT3.exe causes and error. Which means, it isn't windows. It's UT3. It it was a Windows problem, then EVERYTHING would be screwing up.

Comment

Ok, scrap that. I rechecked my videocard, I missed an update. Thus being I uninstalled then installed the new drivers. I then reinstalled the game, repatched it and put on post processing intense. I played for five hours and have yet to see a crash.

Comment

XP Home works fine. I'm running UT3 on it with two different systems. There is nothing in XP Pro that should benefit gameplay stability over XP Home.

Comment

Working...
              X