Crash on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash on startup

I've read a lot of posts on here, including ultrons tweak guide, but nothing seems to work for me, even though my problem seems common. I start up the game and the screen immediately goes black after splash screen and i have to manually reboot the computer...if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Amd Athlon X2 4200+
    2GB Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 8600gt

hi, i too am i experiencing problems on startup. The screen goes black and then flickers between black and grey until it eventually crashes after about 20seconds. Once it has crashed the desktop is shown in the lowest resolution which has to be reset manually. (the game crashes before i am able to get to the main menu)

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 80 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra
    Monitor: Default Monitor
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio rear

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I have virtually the same problem. My Splash screen shows but my game then crashes. It does not however crash my computer.

My specs are

Asus P5K Ai LIFESTYLE P35 "Bearlake" motherboard

4 gb ddr2 667 MHZ MEMORY

500GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA 8800 GT 512 MB GRAPHICS

INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QUAD CORE SOCKET 775 Q6600

Comment

It's possible the resolution and/or refresh rate of the game is exceding what the video card can do. Set your resolution real low in the UTEngine.ini and see if that helps. Something like 800x600.

RESX=800
        RESY=600

Comment

Thanks for the help, though it does not solve my problem =P (800X600 already set by default =S)

Comment

aye me too, that resolution is set by default

Comment

Working...
            X