Unbalanced Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbalanced Bots

I've been playing the Campaign on Normal difficulty and am currently stuck on the Warfare- Powersurge map. I've lost numerous times and every time, the other team has one additional player and the number of kills of the opposing team's bots are about double what my bots are. I have about 45 kills and my bots have about 15, whereas most bots on the other team have between 25 to 30. How is it possible to win these maps when your team is completely stupid and can't protect the nodes that I worked to gain? I've been an Unreal fan since Unreal 1 first came out, but so far, I'm very disappointed in how unbalanced and buggy UT3 is. The bots can see much farther than I can, they can also see through walls and fog. Then the whole issue with the server side of things... I'm very disappointed.

Being killed by a darkwalker right on my side of the map from far away is very annoying.

Comment

You have to manage them more carefully in some missions. I'd advise you to not set any of them on defense, but rather to always attack. This way, it'll make the other team defend, which is what you generally want in Warfare, anyway. Try new orders for your bots.

Comment

Yeah I've found that out the hard way. Setting all the bots to defend is just asking to lose, it seems. I just tell them all to attack and I do the best that I can in terms of a measured offense. Though sometimes it feels like I gotta do all the work.

Comment

Haha, yeah, you only have one additional bot on the opposing team, but i have four-people team versus the enemy (8-people team). How do you expect to win?

Comment

You have cards to use that adds two extra bots.
            But there is a bug.
            http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/2918/bugyb6.jpg
            as you see the name players should not be there as its a 5 vs 5 map and it`s was also uneven.
            it happend on chapter 4 2nd ctf map.

Reloaded the map and it was fixed so i know it was a bug.

Comment

Its starting to irritate me. An extra one or two might be fine but an extra eight is overwhelming. I just cannot win powersurge. One might be good but he cannot be in two places at one time! Plus the map is so large, getting from one place to another takes time. In powersurge you have to defend three powernodes at the same time to protect you core. This is preposterous! Even restarting the map does not work! Is there anyone to help?

Comment

Working...
              X