This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick of ****

sigh... again I actually go out and buy a game... and again I am disapointed.

I played DeathMatch online for a while then decided to try War and after restarting my computer 3 times trying to play online I give up.

I have turned off antivirus... turned off anything in the tray... and like other **** games this sometimes work but no not this time.

Before you try to tell me to pull out my video card and reseat it.. or try a older or new video driver and **** on down this route... I can play COD4 and ET Quake Wars all day... yeah like people who bought this games most likely would.

All I can say is I wish I did the norm and waited for a crack.

If I was my boss and felt this disapointed about the work done... I would sack me!

Thanks for listening

ant

So, because other games work fine you dont want to install the newest videodrivers ;D? next to some common sense i would recommend you to look at the stickies in this subforum, they see to help most people. If you cant play after that ask again.

Comment

Hey. I don't know if i'm just ignorant or its something else, but I just went into my nvidia control panel, and for antialiasing turned it to the lowest setting, and I played for about 3 hours without a single freeze up.
      I hadn't noticed anyone saying alot about this setting, but I couldn't even play for one second until I changed this.
      In the nvidia control panel, advanced settings for individual games: set antialiasing to off, or lowest setting and try then.
      Not sure if this will help but worth a try.
      Also antistropic filter to 8x.
      And be sure and read the stickys about the UTEngine configure files.
      I feel your pain and frustration. This is 3 weeks of tryin ta get this workin. Finally today. Shame on you Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Killalot0 View Post
        So, because other games work fine you dont want to install the newest videodrivers ;D? next to some common sense i would recommend you to look at the stickies in this subforum, they see to help most people. If you cant play after that ask again.
        The point is I shouldn't have to... yeah sure the there are bugs and the odd patch we need... shouldn't have to go through so much pain for a product you buy and expect to use.

and everyone just sitting here taking it is just allowing the companies to feel they can get away with it.

When was the last time you installed an ID game and you had to reconfige the system to run it.

ant

Comment

Agreed

Yep. I agree. But I still want to play My UT3. They got me. All I can do is take deep breathes, stay calm, and call it a learning experience.
          I would never choose ta go thru this much **** ta get a game working, but still.... I want to play UT3. So I gotta find what the prob is and fix it.
          In my case, I think it was ta turn off the antiaaliasing in my vidcard control panel. Plus the other standard fixes in the stickies mentioned earlier. Its wrong, but...
          I hear ya though. Shouldn't be this hard. In a perfect world.......

Comment

I don't know why the OP is waiting for a crack. There's not a crack needed with this game. If anyone is having problems, they should look for my Tweaks thread (listed in my sig) and see if they can take an active hand in solving their problem.

Also for those seeking help, it benefits us trying to help you if we know more about your system. Such as brand and model number of the computer, CPU and video card. How much RAM is in your PC. What sound card? Etc.

Comment

For every new generation of games that comes out video drivers are updated, if you want to play games on PC you just have to accept it. Sometimes the updates just give some performance boost, sometimes they are crucial. Epic have over and over again strongly recommended updating to latest drivers, so when you come here all upset about it it makes you look a bit.. unattentive.

Comment

You all are not getting my point...

I have been playing First Person Shooters since Quake 2 and I have been building computers as long.

Point being I have bought 3 games (as mentioned) ETQW, COD4 and this one... Now you arn't going to tell me that this games any higher spec than either of those 2.

... and no I am not looking for a crack as I know you would need a serial key gen (just wasnt stating the obvious).

my point "for the people in the back" was that for a game that you have to pay good money for you would expect it to atleast run ok.

ant

Comment

Sure, it should run, and obviously for some people it doesn't. The thing you have to get is that we're all past that now, and we are trying to do something about it. Say you trip and fall. At some point you're going to have to come to grips with what happened, and get up off the pavement and dust your shins off. That's all I am saying. If you have a problem, take a look at the thread listed in my sig, to see if you can see a solution there that fixes your problem. But agonizing over the fact the game isn't running too hot for you accomplishes nothing. This is a forum decidated to problem solving, not ranting.

Comment

your point is retarded.. install the **** patch/drivers and play the game. you dont buy a car and refuse to put fuel in it because your bicycle does it without. they are both used for transportation so the car should work without it... yeah right. go get some fuell , your game works, its you that is the problem. principles have never helped anyone.

Comment

If "waiting for a crack" is your norm, you're in the wrong place. Since using warez is such an easy solution, I can see where you'd get frustrated when you "actually buy" a game. But don't try to threaten a software company with going the illegal route if you have problems with their product.

If you don't want to do basic PC maintenance in regards to drivers and such, there are solutions out there. They're called consoles. Oh, I guess it's harder to get wares for the PS3.

And people wonder why game sales are down on PC...

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                        If "waiting for a crack" is your norm, you're in the wrong place. Since using warez is such an easy solution, I can see where you'd get frustrated when you "actually buy" a game. But don't try to threaten a software company with going the illegal route if you have problems with their product.

If you don't want to do basic PC maintenance in regards to drivers and such, there are solutions out there. They're called consoles. Oh, I guess it's harder to get wares for the PS3.

And people wonder why game sales are down on PC...
                        pull your head out of your **** mate PC Games is where it all started and have you played console games latley... they still have a ways to go to get close to what a PC game can offer...

If I thought I could threten a company in any way or form I would if ment that Games would be released when they are ready not because the market dictates it.

If all you people here think this is normal to spend hours and hours trying to find a fix for the product you just bought... then you have rocks in your heads.

The point about the "getting cracked games" was my way of getting the point accross that because people who buy games that have major problems are maybe getting frustrated and end up waiting to get cracked games.

I personaly think Gaming companies are trying to get out of the PC Game market anyway.

and as I have said and no one has commented on... I have bought 3 of the biggest FPS games on the market right now and this one is the only one that wont play properly on my system.

ant

Comment

You're just ignoring what we're saying. We understand that you bought other games and this one is acting up for you. What myself and others are telling you is to just go through a list of fixes that have been compiled by others over the last month. MAAAAAAANY people have already had their problems solved, and have said so vocally on these forums, because they've done those tweaks. That's all we're suggesting you to do. Not spend hours troubleshooting, just apply tweaks that work for so many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Killalot0 View Post
                            your point is retarded.. install the **** patch/drivers and play the game. you dont buy a car and refuse to put fuel in it because your bicycle does it without. they are both used for transportation so the car should work without it... yeah right. go get some fuell , your game works, its you that is the problem. principles have never helped anyone.

Yeah your point?

If you put the fuel in and got to the end of the block and the car froze... whose proplem is it then.

installed the patches and drivers... just to check... yes the other 2 games do still work... ah but wait this one doesn't.

Mate you "Own" the proplem I just come on here to state how I felt about the game.

I will fix the game and play it and enjoy it.

Maybe an admin should delete this thread it's just making a few of you look like idiots. My frustration is to the company not the fanatics.

ant

Comment

1.if companys want to leave the PC Game market,they can there`s nothing stopping them from doing so tbh.
                              2.Not every game is compatible with pc`s nowdays to much different software/hardware,also some ppl will prob have conflicts on there comps.and not sure how to fix them.
                              Causing the game to crash or not work.

Also i agree in a perfect world every game runs on a pc at 100fps and no errors,but it`s not a perfect world now is it.
                              Consoles are the only reason where you can def buy the game known that it will run perfect,as all ps3 have the same setup and hardware.

Also i agree even i think ut3 was rushed,but the only thing we can do now,is wait till epic fixes it.crying on this forum is not going to make them fix it any faster tbh.

[edit]btw getting cleaver with the ppl on this forum trying to help you is not the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X