Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant find any servers (none!) - settings issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealDave79 View Post
    I have also opened the following ports on my router, as per the advice from the shop who sold me the router (I explained I was trying to play games online). I did this at the same time as the above LAN stuff, so I don’t know if this was an essential part of making it work:
    TCP: 7777
    TCP: 8080
    TCP: 8777
    TCP: 9777
    TCP: 27900
    UDP: 7777
    UDP: 7778
    UDP: 7779
    UDP: 27900
    Resolving this issue had nothing to do with opening the ports because I've closed them now. It must have been exclusively due to my LAN drivers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad you got it working dave!

I just tried a new account on a different email address with no result. I'll try some old network drivers now, wish me luck . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealDave79 View Post
    After updating the driver, it gave the brand name and driver as Atheros 2.4.7.7 (31/Oct/2007). I thought that was odd but the LAN worked so I didn’t think anything of it.

Attansic was taken over by Atheros in 2006.

My network adapter is also an on board Attansic one.

Asus P5k motherboard.

So be careful when updating this driver it can cause problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have managed to resolve this now, but I’ll go through your comments in turn.

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
    DMZ is a router setting which basically is saying that person is no longer behind a NAT, it forwards EVERY port for that person.
    I've enabled DMZ and that didn’t resolved it. That was the advice Midway support gave me.

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
    do you have problems with Gamespy itself?
    No, Gamespy was working correctly.

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Also, do not use any special characters in your user name, such as !@#$%^&*()_+-= etc.
    I don't - but thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by Zoo View Post
    This might sound strange but have you done an update for your network drivers lately. If so try rolling them back.
    I had an issue with some network drivers somehow blocking what is shown in the server browser for UT2004 and UT3.
    I've got an ASUS P4KC motherboard. I recently updated the drivers from the CD drivers to the latest on the ASUS website. I know the P4KC comes with an onboard Attansic LAN adapter. After updating the driver, it gave the brand name and driver as Atheros 2.4.7.7 (31/Oct/2007). I thought that was odd but the LAN worked so I didn’t think anything of it.

After Zoo’s advice, I uninstalled the driver and went back to using the CD version and the servers showed straight away in UT3!

Under Network in Control Panel, my adapter is now shown as:
    Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Nase-T Controller #2
    Driver: 2.0.6000.0
    Date: 15/03/07

This driver is available from the ASUS website.

I had a support query open with Midway on this issue so I will mention it to see if they can resolve this in a future patch.

outspaced: I’m running UT3 V1.1 now, so it had nothing to do with the UT3 patch.

I have also opened the following ports on my router, as per the advice from the shop who sold me the router (I explained I was trying to play games online). I did this at the same time as the above LAN stuff, so I don’t know if this was an essential part of making it work:
    TCP: 7777
    TCP: 8080
    TCP: 8777
    TCP: 9777
    TCP: 27900
    UDP: 7777
    UDP: 7778
    UDP: 7779
    UDP: 27900

Thanks to everyone again for your help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No I don't think I have- there haven't been any new ones released for my hardware for a while.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This might sound strange but have you done an update for your network drivers lately.

If so try rolling them back.

I had an issue with some network drivers some how blocking what is shown in the server browser for UT2004 and UT3.

Also they caused loads of lag when getting into vehicles when playing online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mine is simply my forum name here. Another thing ruled out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, do not use any special characters in your user name, such as !@#$%^&*()_+-= etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rajinn that's a very good point. Tomorrow I'll create a new account and post back here with the results!
    It's about the only thing left to try, so fingers crossed.

Dave yes I forwarded ports on my router. I found the relevant port no's by looking through this forum and googling. I can't tell you what they are now because I'm at work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DMZ is a router setting which basically is saying that person is no longer behind a NAT, it forwards EVERY port for that person.
    do you have problems with gamespy itself?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by outspaced View Post
    I have forwarded all relevant ports
    When you say, you've forwarded all relevant ports, what exactly did you do? Is this in your router?

Originally posted by outspaced View Post
    I've tried DMZ
    What do you mean by this?

Could you explain in lay terms please!

Hmmm...I never tried playing online before installing the patch, so I cant say if that was an issue for me. I suppose I could try a re-install and not update to that patch (just to narrow the problem down i.e. at least I will know its not down to my settings).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same problem.
    I can't see anything- I have forwarded all relevant ports, I've tried DMZ, turned all firewalls off, I've installed it on both my XP and vista drives but no luck.
    All my other online games work. SUch as TF2, BF2 and ETQW to name but a few.
    Before the patch I could play online so that's where my suspicions lie right now.

Somebody please, help us!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Cant find any servers (none!) - settings issue?

Cant find any servers (none!) - settings issue?

NOTE: THis issue has been resolved as of 20/12, so if you are having the same issue, read on!

Hi,

I'm playing UT3 on a PC running Windows Vista x64. I've updated UT3 to version 1.1.

When I go to the 'find server' area, I cannot find any servers at all - none! I know a lot of people are complaining about the lack of players/servers, but that is obviously different to my issue. I've tried all types of games, with all the combinations (e.g. pure server on/off).

I've tried running the game with my McAfee 08 firewall switched off (temporaily!) just to see if that was causing it - it was not. My firewall was confirmed to be off by Windows Security Center. FYI: ut3.exe is an 'Allowed' program in my permissions list anyway.

I'm connecting via a Safecom router. Do I have to make any changes to my router? I didn't need to for Crysis multiplayer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X