supported Video cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supported Video cards?

it would be nice if someone made a list of supported video cards!

ATI Radeon 9600-9800+
    ATI Radeon X300-X850+
    ATI Radeon X1050-X1950+
    ATI Radeon HD2400-2950+
    ATI Radeon HD3850-3870+

Nvidia GeForce 6200-6800+
    Nvidia GeForce 7100-7950+
    Nvidia GeForce 8300-8800+

Now, as far as unsupported. Some FX5500's and 6150LE's have run it. But no doubt very badly. I've got a 6150LE on one of my PC's at home and I ran it at 800x600 at lowest details and it did run almost adequately.

Comment

Good list Ultron, what about notebook graphics cards? (I'd contribute, but I don't know much about them)

Comment

Notebook cards will have similar number schemes. Main thing you want to look for is 128MB of video RAM or more. Preferably 256MB. And anything "600" or higher is good. In other words 6600. 7600. 8600. 1600. 2600. 3850.

Comment

Nvidia GeForce 8600 is not supported (cant get past menu screen)

Comment

Originally posted by stallinggame View Post
            Nvidia GeForce 8600 is not supported (cant get past menu screen)
            It's a supported chipset. It sounds like you have some sort of a driver issue. Look in the thread listed in my sig for some ideas on how to resolve this. Most likely a driver cleanup and then a reinstall of the most recent non-beta drivers will be your solution.

Comment

nVidia GeForce 7900GS works great on my machine at 1280x1024 after the patch. 50 fps minimum on VCTF-Necropolis looking down the map from the base at texture detail 5 and world detail 1 with Distortion enabled (so I can sorta see the Nightshades). I've had to turn off ALL antialiasing, however. That seems to be the big performance hole. Texture detail seemed to have no effect on the game's performance at all.

Comment

Yeah your card is hoss enough to where the texture detail just doens't matter to it. But yeah AA can really eat up the video memory and the texture caching can spill over into system memory, which is generally slower than video RAM.

Comment

what about the 6800 Go ULTRA?
                  is there a new Driver?
                  My game gotta crash after 2-6 minutes.. and i really know now, its the videocard driver.
                  latest driver i can find is dated on 2005 and that kinda sux.

Comment

Originally posted by p3ak.ch View Post
                    is there a new Driver?
                    My game gotta crash after 2-6 minutes.. and i really know now, its the videocard driver.

Is that agp . I have a 6800gt agp and downloaded the latest drivers fron Nvidia.

Comment

nope mine is a notebook-card. and its PCIe for sure. There is is NO driver on the NVidia-page for my card at all..

Comment

Sorry, missread post as

HD2400
                        HD3--- can't remember

But its actually

HD2400 - HD29-- cant remember,

Scrap this post,

I have a short attention span

Comment

nope mine is a notebook-card. and its PCIe for sure. There is is NO driver on the NVidia-page for my card at all..
                          I think the only one they support is the 8700Go which is a SLI and OC version of a 8600Go. Have you checked with your notebook maker?

Comment

is there a new Driver?
                            Go here and fill in the blanks;
                            http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Comment

Asus Geforce 7800GTX works great no hitches or problems at all running Nvidia drivers 6.14.11.6371

Comment

Working...
                              X