PS3 Game Freeze Issue... Solved.. Kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Unfortunately Linksys yanked that firmware. Apparently it was messing things up with their Linksys EasyLink Advisor. I've been using it since the 26th with no problems. Thus you might need to snag the DD-WRT firmware or wait until they post a new official firmware.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KnowSkillz View Post
    Smidget maybe you could post the custom firmware link or some info to help some people out?!?!?!
    I said DD-WRT for reference. Just google it or install official fw like A.T. Hun said.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just checked Linksys' site and they have a firmware that was released last week: 1.02.4. I downloaded it and updated my router. Now UT3 doesn't lock up at beginning! I just played a couple of rounds of Instagib DM. Seems to work great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got a WRT54G and I can't even start without being logged out of the Playstation Network. I have my PS3 manually set up so I can automatically port-forward the right ports to it instead of putting it in the DMZ, which seems massively insecure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Smidget maybe you could post the custom firmware link or some info to help some people out?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That did the trick! No more freezing and I've played a couple of games now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now I'm wondering if I install custom firmware on my router (DD-WRT) if that might alleviative this problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At least you get in the game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm also on the WRT54G. I've been getting a ton of freezes lately. For the first week I had about 4 freezes, and I've had about 8 freezes in the last couple of days. I love this game but I'm starting to worry about it bricking my system. I really hope the freezing gets figured out because I've never had so many freezes on my PS3 until now.

*edit: Just froze for the 3rd time in a row while trying to join my brother's server. I think that does it for me, I'll just play COD4 until they can fix this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the EXACT same problem and also a Linksys router. Anyone figure anything out? I tried DMZ thing and it gives me the same error. Also tried signing out and signing in while past the "Press start" screen and pauses on me there also.

Anyone have any success? Not going to buy a whole new router for one game...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
    You shouldn't have to assign a static IP to put a PC or Console in the DMZ. The machine in the DMZ will just appear as whatever your local gateway IP is which you can also find in your router console. Basically, DMZ just forwards all outside to traffic to your specifed DMZ machine like it was sitting directly behind your modem without a router in between (well, sort of).

Not sure how this could prevent freezing though on your PS3, unless when the game got to that point where you had to be signed in, it checked your availability behind the network and hit some sort of DOES NOT COMPUTE error.
    Thanks for the input.

Looks like I may have to try a new router. NOthing I do works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You shouldn't have to assign a static IP to put a PC or Console in the DMZ. The machine in the DMZ will just appear as whatever your local gateway IP is which you can also find in your router console. Basically, DMZ just forwards all outside to traffic to your specifed DMZ machine like it was sitting directly behind your modem without a router in between (well, sort of).

Not sure how this could prevent freezing though on your PS3, unless when the game got to that point where you had to be signed in, it checked your availability behind the network and hit some sort of DOES NOT COMPUTE error.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried messing w/ the DMZ, no luck. Opened ftp and web ports, no luck. I simply cannot play this game through the linksys router.

:|

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mattearl View Post
    I have my PS3 in DMZ... someone said that UT3 doesn't like the PS3 having manual DNS settings... if thats true.. how does one put the PS3 into DMZ??

I have a WRT54G v8 router, if that makes a difference...
    I have the same exact router and experience the same problem. I have to bypass my router completely to play UT3 online (or campaign).

Every other game I have works w/o issue.

Originally posted by OgreHound View Post
    You enable DMZ on your router, it shouldn't have anything to do with your PS3.

If you don't know how to access your routers control panel post here.
    I don't know how, I'm a computer geek w/o the geek knowledge, thus making me just a computer novice, knowing just a bit more than most peoples grandparents.

Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just got off the phone with Sony... it's a known glitch that apparently requires a tech support callback...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X