PS3 Game Freeze Issue... Solved.. Kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Game Freeze Issue... Solved.. Kinda

Very Simple... Just bought UT3... Haven't been able to play it because the game freezes at the white UT3 screen (the screen where you press "START")

Then i started to mess around with things and i found out the issue:

If i'm logged OUT of the Playstation Network, game runs fine, until i HAVE to sign-in to get online for multiplayer. Then the game freezes...

Anyone else having this problem?? Or have a solution? Is this a Software issue or Console issue?

Thanks everyone for your help!

I have my PS3 in DMZ... someone said that UT3 doesn't like the PS3 having manual DNS settings... if thats true.. how does one put the PS3 into DMZ??

I have a WRT54G v8 router, if that makes a difference...

Comment

You enable DMZ on your router, it shouldn't have anything to do with your PS3.

If you don't know how to access your routers control panel post here.

Comment

Originally posted by OgreHound View Post

Right, but in order to put my PS3 into dmz.. I have assign it a Static IP right? And the only way to do that is to Manually enter the DNS info on the PS3. Unless i can just have the PS3 do everything automatically... but then the DMZ wouldn't work.. Unless I enter the Routers IP address in the DMZ... would that work?

Comment

bump... having the same problem

Comment

Just got off the phone with Sony... it's a known glitch that apparently requires a tech support callback...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattearl View Post
              I have my PS3 in DMZ... someone said that UT3 doesn't like the PS3 having manual DNS settings... if thats true.. how does one put the PS3 into DMZ??

I have a WRT54G v8 router, if that makes a difference...
              I have the same exact router and experience the same problem. I have to bypass my router completely to play UT3 online (or campaign).

Every other game I have works w/o issue.

Originally posted by OgreHound View Post

I don't know how, I'm a computer geek w/o the geek knowledge, thus making me just a computer novice, knowing just a bit more than most peoples grandparents.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Tried messing w/ the DMZ, no luck. Opened ftp and web ports, no luck. I simply cannot play this game through the linksys router.

:|

Comment

You shouldn't have to assign a static IP to put a PC or Console in the DMZ. The machine in the DMZ will just appear as whatever your local gateway IP is which you can also find in your router console. Basically, DMZ just forwards all outside to traffic to your specifed DMZ machine like it was sitting directly behind your modem without a router in between (well, sort of).

Not sure how this could prevent freezing though on your PS3, unless when the game got to that point where you had to be signed in, it checked your availability behind the network and hit some sort of DOES NOT COMPUTE error.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
                    You shouldn't have to assign a static IP to put a PC or Console in the DMZ. The machine in the DMZ will just appear as whatever your local gateway IP is which you can also find in your router console. Basically, DMZ just forwards all outside to traffic to your specifed DMZ machine like it was sitting directly behind your modem without a router in between (well, sort of).

Not sure how this could prevent freezing though on your PS3, unless when the game got to that point where you had to be signed in, it checked your availability behind the network and hit some sort of DOES NOT COMPUTE error.
                    Thanks for the input.

Looks like I may have to try a new router. NOthing I do works.

Comment

I have the EXACT same problem and also a Linksys router. Anyone figure anything out? I tried DMZ thing and it gives me the same error. Also tried signing out and signing in while past the "Press start" screen and pauses on me there also.

Anyone have any success? Not going to buy a whole new router for one game...

Comment

I'm also on the WRT54G. I've been getting a ton of freezes lately. For the first week I had about 4 freezes, and I've had about 8 freezes in the last couple of days. I love this game but I'm starting to worry about it bricking my system. I really hope the freezing gets figured out because I've never had so many freezes on my PS3 until now.

*edit: Just froze for the 3rd time in a row while trying to join my brother's server. I think that does it for me, I'll just play COD4 until they can fix this game.

Comment

At least you get in the game

Comment

Now I'm wondering if I install custom firmware on my router (DD-WRT) if that might alleviative this problem?

Comment

That did the trick! No more freezing and I've played a couple of games now!

Comment

Working...
                              X