Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold reboot after Intel C2D logo

Simply put, UT3 will not start.
    After troubleshooting a while, I still can't figure out why.
    I've patched to 1.1, updated the video card drivers (and uninstalled the old ones first), updated the processor drivers, tried the stickies like UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization, and PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled, and even checked for firmware updates for the DVD-ROM drive that is used.
    Nothing worked. It still reboots the PC right after the Intel logo appears, with no errors.

The specs for the PC are:
    Windows XP SP2
    ECS RS485M-M mobo
    AMD X2 4800
    Geforce 7950GT
    1x 1GB DDR2-800
    Lite-On DVD-ROM LH-16D1P
    onboard sound

I installed it on a secondary PC just to test and see if the DVD was bad, and it worked, I think... I don't really know since I didn't play it on the second PC, I just know it got past the intel logo and I was able to put in the CD-Key.
    Second PC specs:
    Windows XP SP2
    Intel 865PERL mobo
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz w/ HT
    Geforce 5900XT
    2x 512MB DDR-400
    Sony CRX320E DVD-ROM/CD-RW
    Sound Blaster 16 PCI

thats what you get for playing on an amd when it clearly says intel!!
    try deleting my docs / my games / ut3 / ut game / config / utengine.ini and let it make a new one, my vista install did this for some reason and that fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
      thats what you get for playing on an amd when it clearly says intel!!
      ....that's a joke, right?

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
      try deleting my docs / my games / ut3 / ut game / config / utengine.ini and let it make a new one, my vista install did this for some reason and that fixed it.
      now no logos appear, but the computer doesn't reboot... it just hangs at a black screen

Comment

I'm having the same problem, the disk isn't bad because I have lent it out to a few people (because after install, no disk is required)

after the intel logo, everything is black but with music, and when i press eneter, it goes grey and two bars of black appear, with a square of black for my cursor

Comment

Working...
        X