Will My System Cut It for UT3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It does, the graph doesnt seem to run too far up the top, and the game seems to run fairly well on 1024 and 3/5 for everything...maybe I dont need that extra ram afterall?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Page file is kind of pseudo-ram. Its really your computer using your hard drive like ram when you don't have enough real ram ta run your application. Your application being UT3 in this discussion. If the page file graph is running high, it means your computer is needin more ram, and is havin ta use your hard disk as ram, and this is not good.
    Page file is not fast enough. ram is way fast.
    Does that make sense to ya?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah ok so the Page File graph is a measure of my computers memory, I shall note this when I play next.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benvox2 View Post
    Under the perforamce Tab which area covers memory? is it Physical Memory (K) or is it Kernal Memory (K) or sumthing different?
    Wasted time is right, it's physical - but don't worry too much about that, just look at the chart (the long bottom one) and if it stays really near the top while playing UT3 I suggest an upgrade. Post a screenshot if you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, and late reply to Epickiller

I'm good with my 8800gt. Best bang for buck. I replaced 2 7600gt cards in SLI mode with this single 8800gt, and it is way more than twice as strong. Runnin about 40-50 FPS in UT3 VCTF which is cool with me. My 7600gt SLI setup wouldn't do it really playable, and would freeze up. Now I'm playin for hours and hours, and its me that gets tired, not my video card. Cool.
    Gamespot has an article about UT3 and various card specs and tests. It got me on to the 8800gt. http://www.gamespot.com/features/618...result;title;1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe its physical memory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Depends, run UT3 and have task manager open too, go into the 'performance' tab and check to see how much memory or 'RAM' is being used. if it's barely coping - say you have like 50mb of free memory left than yeah you should consider upgrading. Although if you're only playing UT3 you might want to reconsider.
    Under the perforamce Tab which area covers memory? is it Physical Memory (K) or is it Kernal Memory (K) or sumthing different?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks EPICKILLER I will try that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The 8500GT card is NOT good enough

Originally posted by Maikel View Post
    Question,

Don`t see no reply about the nVidia 8500GT.

Is this card good enough?

Other gear:

Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Mhz
    2Gb ram
    Not good enough at all. Maybe 800x600 with lowest quality settings can be achieved. Check out the review and benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3128&p=2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question,

Don`t see no reply about the nVidia 8500GT.

Is this card good enough?

Other gear:

Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Mhz
    2Gb ram

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Depends, run UT3 and have task manager open too, go into the 'performance' tab and check to see how much memory or 'RAM' is being used. if it's barely coping - say you have like 50mb of free memory left than yeah you should consider upgrading. Although if you're only playing UT3 you might want to reconsider.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have 1.5 GB of RAM, will expanding that to 2GB have any real performace gains for UT3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
    I'm runnin my new 8800GT nvidia card, and it would not work until I went to the contral panel and turned off the antialiasing for UT3. In the advanced settings there is a window for alot of video games, which you can set for individual games how ya need em.
    This AA issue seems to be a system freezer for me. I've read it's a major issue for frame rates and such.
    I'm running 5/5 on advanced settings. Vsync off.
    Hey what are your system specs? I recently ordered an 8800gt and am anxious at how it will handle ut3 when it arrives.
    I agree with Phenom - I nearly went for the x1950PRO but realised it wouldn't be good enough to run Crysis on high settings, plus it's a dx9 card so be careful if you're considering getting it. Anyone know how the 8600gt stacks up vs the 8800gt?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
    XP. I'm assuming you meant that you have the 8600GT? If so, seems like you should be able to do better.
    Yeah, bought it about a month ago. Got the latest drivers and upgraded my PSU when i noticed the card wasn't getting enough power. But I'm guessing that running Vista doesn't really help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I wish I had an 8600GT right now. I love my current card but it's starting to show it's age.
    Don't buy 8600GT, it's utter piece of junk like the 8600GTS, now in the video card market only 4 cards are worth the money:
    1)ATI Radeon X1950GT.
    2)ATI Radeon X1950PRO.
    3)ATI Radeon HD3850.
    4)nVidia geforce 8800GT\ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB(it prices 30$ lower than the 8800GT).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X