Will My System Cut It for UT3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benvox2 View Post
    I take it a single 8500GT is better than my 7600GT KO ?
    It's probably comparable.

Comment

antialiasing setting is important

I'm runnin my new 8800GT nvidia card, and it would not work until I went to the contral panel and turned off the antialiasing for UT3. In the advanced settings there is a window for alot of video games, which you can set for individual games how ya need em.
      This AA issue seems to be a system freezer for me. I've read it's a major issue for frame rates and such.
      I'm running 5/5 on advanced settings. Vsync off. 1280x960 or 1600x1050, I can't remember which. I just got so excited that I finally got UT3 to play for 3 hours without a freeze up that I forgot which. Hey, its cool. It only took me 3 weeks, and a 300$ video card to figure it out. Doh!!!
      I think 55 to 60 FPS is what i'm gettin and that's way acceptable for me.
      The antialiasing setting is mucho important.

Comment

Anandtech's GPU tests with UT3 beta demo indicates your 7600GT OC should perform a little better than an 8500GT, with a good jump in FPS at lower resolutions.

Comment

I see, this is much valued input all.
          Are their any new drivers for my AMD 64 4000+ out now? I cant seem to find any!

Comment

Yours is probably quite a bit better depending on the actual gpu and memory clocks.

Here are a couple articles you may find informative;
            http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/12/...ard/index.html
            http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3128

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
              My experience with an X2 4200+, 2gb ram, and an 8600GT was that it would run at 1280x1024, 4/4 world/texture, with FPS in the 40's mostly, sometimes in the 30's. Gameplay was pretty good. With a 7600GS on the same machine, I was running it at 1024x768 with lower graphic settings and getting FPS in the mid/high 30's sometimes jumping into the low 40's. Since your graphics card is between the two, I'd expect it would get mostly in the 40's at 1024x768 without any problem.
              Thats interesting... i've got exactly the same but with 1gb ram instead of 2 and i cant go higher than 2/2 on world/texture at 1024x768 without the game stuttering a lot. Could an extra gig of RAM really make that much difference? And are you using vista or xp?

Comment

Originally posted by Takuhi View Post
                Thats interesting... i've got exactly the same but with 1gb ram instead of 2 and i cant go higher than 2/2 on world/texture at 1024x768 without the game stuttering a lot. Could an extra gig of RAM really make that much difference? And are you using vista or xp?
                XP. I'm assuming you meant that you have the 8600GT? If so, seems like you should be able to do better.

Comment

That loos pretty powerful, how come you use 800x600? Is Vista a huge disadvantage or something?
                  7600GT drivers arent great on vista but waiting on 9800gtx

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                    I wish I had an 8600GT right now. I love my current card but it's starting to show it's age.
                    Don't buy 8600GT, it's utter piece of junk like the 8600GTS, now in the video card market only 4 cards are worth the money:
                    1)ATI Radeon X1950GT.
                    2)ATI Radeon X1950PRO.
                    3)ATI Radeon HD3850.
                    4)nVidia geforce 8800GT\ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB(it prices 30$ lower than the 8800GT).

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
                      XP. I'm assuming you meant that you have the 8600GT? If so, seems like you should be able to do better.
                      Yeah, bought it about a month ago. Got the latest drivers and upgraded my PSU when i noticed the card wasn't getting enough power. But I'm guessing that running Vista doesn't really help.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasted Time View Post
                        I'm runnin my new 8800GT nvidia card, and it would not work until I went to the contral panel and turned off the antialiasing for UT3. In the advanced settings there is a window for alot of video games, which you can set for individual games how ya need em.
                        This AA issue seems to be a system freezer for me. I've read it's a major issue for frame rates and such.
                        I'm running 5/5 on advanced settings. Vsync off.
                        Hey what are your system specs? I recently ordered an 8800gt and am anxious at how it will handle ut3 when it arrives.
                        I agree with Phenom - I nearly went for the x1950PRO but realised it wouldn't be good enough to run Crysis on high settings, plus it's a dx9 card so be careful if you're considering getting it. Anyone know how the 8600gt stacks up vs the 8800gt?

Comment

I have 1.5 GB of RAM, will expanding that to 2GB have any real performace gains for UT3?

Comment

Depends, run UT3 and have task manager open too, go into the 'performance' tab and check to see how much memory or 'RAM' is being used. if it's barely coping - say you have like 50mb of free memory left than yeah you should consider upgrading. Although if you're only playing UT3 you might want to reconsider.

Comment

Question,

Don`t see no reply about the nVidia 8500GT.

Is this card good enough?

Other gear:

Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Mhz
                              2Gb ram

Comment

The 8500GT card is NOT good enough

Originally posted by Maikel View Post
                                Question,

Don`t see no reply about the nVidia 8500GT.

Is this card good enough?

Other gear:

Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Mhz
                                2Gb ram
                                Not good enough at all. Maybe 800x600 with lowest quality settings can be achieved. Check out the review and benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3128&p=2

Comment

Working...
                                X