Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will My System Cut It for UT3??

Hey all,

Just wondering if UT3 will run well on my sytem, any thoughts/comments?

Alienware:
    AMD 64 4000+
    Nvidia 7600GT 256mb (KO edition)
    1500 MB RAM
    XP

Thanks much!

It should run at maximum settings but not at the highest framerates. But it'll still run well. You can also tweak the graphics to improve FPS as needed.

Download the demo and try it out. Performance will be similar to what you see there.

Comment

Wow, are you sure I could have such performance? I thought my graphics card might not cut it, whats keeping my system going? Processor?

Thanks alot for the Input Ultron, when I get the time I hope to try out the demo.

Comment

Demo frist. That is a great way to see how anything will run on your system, for free.

Comment

My experience with an X2 4200+, 2gb ram, and an 8600GT was that it would run at 1280x1024, 4/4 world/texture, with FPS in the 40's mostly, sometimes in the 30's. Gameplay was pretty good. With a 7600GS on the same machine, I was running it at 1024x768 with lower graphic settings and getting FPS in the mid/high 30's sometimes jumping into the low 40's. Since your graphics card is between the two, I'd expect it would get mostly in the 40's at 1024x768 without any problem.

As the other poster suggested, try the demo. You could expect slight performance gains between that and the full retail version of the game. If you aren't satisfied with performance while running it, try these ini tweaks. Also, hide your weapon instead of playing with it visible. That will give you a slight FPS boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Benvox2 View Post
            Wow, are you sure I could have such performance? I thought my graphics card might not cut it, whats keeping my system going? Processor?

Thanks alot for the Input Ultron, when I get the time I hope to try out the demo.
            I have a trusty old AMD 3500+ with 2GB RAM and an ATI X1800GTO 256MB. So you have a faster CPU and video card than I do. You'll get 20-40FPS at the highest quality settings.

Comment

i use 800x600 2,4 and get 65fps online 80 offline with slighty better spec than you do. but i am on VISTA ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                I have a trusty old AMD 3500+ with 2GB RAM and an ATI X1800GTO 256MB. So you have a faster CPU and video card than I do. You'll get 20-40FPS at the highest quality settings.
                I didn't realize you had an AMD 3500+. We're putting that 8600GT in my nephew's computer for XMAS which has the same CPU and amount of RAM as yours. Good to know he'll get good performance.

Comment

I wish I had an 8600GT right now. I love my current card but it's starting to show it's age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                    I wish I had an 8600GT right now. I love my current card but it's starting to show it's age.
                    Epic ought to buy you a better card with all the positive influence and effort you have put into helping in these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by smogsy View Post
                      i use 800x600 2,4 and get 65fps online 80 offline with slighty better spec than you do. but i am on VISTA ^_^
                      Whats your system? Thanks alot for input all.

Comment

Q6850 @3.6GHZ | EVGA 680i SLI | 4GB DDR2 OCZ 1066MHZ | 4x1TB Harddrive | 7600GT | 24inch Samsung 1900x1200 | 30inch 2560x1600 | Coolmaster 832 | Vista 64Bit | 24MB Net

Comment

That loos pretty powerful, how come you use 800x600? Is Vista a huge disadvantage or something?

Comment

I would think I would get better performance sense my system is SLi but even though I can run the game with MAX Res. , MAX Detail , and only 50% screen percentage (Which looks exactly like how it would look with 100% screen percentage on 1024x756 Res.) I get a minimum FPS 24-30, average FPS 30-40, Max FPS 40-52 with those settings and my Nvidia Controll panal is at Force Rendering Frame 2 which is ment for Unreal Engine 3 games. Now my game runs really really nice with 960x200 or w/e at Full everything maintaning a FPS of 40-50. But shouldnt SLi run the same at 1024x756 with the GPU'S I have?
                            Specs In Signature-

Comment

I take it a single 8500GT is better than my 7600GT KO ?

Comment

Working...
                              X