Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by alcom77 View Post
    Another victory for Driver Sweeper. Sheesh, I should be on the payroll at Guru3d!

Good on you for taking initiative and giving my suggestion a try. It's a lot of tedious rebooting, but well worth it as evidenced yet again.
    It's very likely many, if not most of the problems described in all these video problem threads have that very same problem, but many are in denial about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another victory for Driver Sweeper. Sheesh, I should be on the payroll at Guru3d!

Good on you for taking initiative and giving my suggestion a try. It's a lot of tedious rebooting, but well worth it as evidenced yet again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, no. The game runs (almost :P) perfectly~ UT3 is the only game where I've run into any kind of minor problems. Plus, the only problems are these moved lighting/effects thingies. I can play the game just fine, but the offshot of effects gets somewhat annoying after a while :P.

But anyhow~ I'll give Driver Sweeper a try... just in case ^^. Thanks for the tip~.

[Update]

Seems like cleaning up some old leftovers got the job done... now I hope it'll stay nice and clean ^^. Cheers alcom77.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you play other games fine? I'm sticking to my story, what fixed my crash issues for me was a complete uninstallation of graphics drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper and reinstall. Worth a try!

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Odd graphic problem...

Odd graphic problem...

Ok, here's my problem. The game runs smoothly, nothing wrong there, but my effects or something are way off.

For an example, the shock rifle and its ammo thingies: They look nice, and they have a sweet glowing thingie on them, right? Wrong >_<. The glowing part is hovering to the top-left of all items, buildings, players and what not.

They're almost dead-on when I'm standing right next to them, but they start to spread apart when I back up. The farther I'm from it, the farther the glowing thingie is from the item/player.

On top of that, there are these 2 lines that run along my right/botom part of the screen. These are visible at all times, including while I'm in the menues.

Pic. 1: Taken above the rooftops in Shangri La. And no, the camera wasn't moving.

Pic. 2: Close to the waterfall in Shangri La. The water makes the odd pixels on my right/botom side give of those awesome effects :P.

I have tried installing new drivers, the patch, the game itself and lowered every possible setting.

If anyone has any tips, please feel free to help me out :P
    And if you need them specc thingies, here they are (hope it's all of 'em o_o)

Windows XP Home
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
    2gb DDR2
    Radeon x1950 Pro
Working...
X