it wont run at all!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it wont run at all!!

unreal 3 just wont run at all, im so frustrated, i've tried new graphics drivers and settints, the new patch- nothing works!
    you click the icon for the game, the unreal 3 logo appears in mid screen, screen goes black, screen stays black. than it gives an error message and goes back to windows.
    the error report it sends has something about a file kernel.dll or something.
    and yes i've tried reinstalling it, several times in several places.

what can i do?!
    computer is well above minimum specs!

it sucks, i paid for this game and it wont even turn on.

NVidia card?

Comment

yeh

geforce 8800 gt 320mb

Comment

You can check this thread and see, if something in there matches your problem. There are some tweaks for NVidia-cards. Maybe that helps.

Comment

thanks there was a reply posted on one of the pages talking about errors, well i finally got it working and this was the answer >>

"For anyone with an Nvidia card getting a crash in kernel32.dll (this does not affect blue/black screen errors), try this workaround:

First, make sure you are on 163.71 Nvidia drivers.

If you are an administrator, Open: Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
          Otherwise open: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
          bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
          to
          bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

*RESTART BEFORE TRYING TO RUN THE GAME AGAIN* "

the only problem now is that i've set the only graphics options to full
          [world detail and texture detail to 6 which is the highest it'll go]
          and the graphics are rubbish
          really low quallity like there's no antialiasing at all and the textures are almost blurry, very low quallity.

i dont get it, anyone else find that?

Comment

the answer to the graphics is on here.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590940

as irritating an answer as it is

Comment

Working...
            X