BotSkill was not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BotSkill was not found

I am trying to set up a Dedicated server on my desktop. Everything is working fine for my game, but when I go to launch the server it gets to the point that the level is loaded and Initializing Game Engine Completed. These are the last few lines of the log...

Log: FSTUNClient resolved stunserver.org (192.245.12.229)
    Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found
    Log: GAME PATH UTVehicleCTFGame_Contect
    Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found

Now I'm left clueless, I went back and tried to set a different bot skill in the game to no improvement.

The 1.1Patch is installed. Please let me know if you have found a fix for this. Thx.

what goes "Bump" in the night

Comment

I see the same error in the log, but the server runs fine and the selected botskill does take effect, so I just ignore it.

Comment

I wish mine were that easy, My server is never seen on the server list whether it be from the same computer or from somebody else on my network, or on a different network. Also as an added note could a get some advise about normal servers. When I put in the server description I will place one thing, but when it's up on the server list it's always my login name. ???

Comment

I had the same issue. I've just been running a listen server. I could run a dedicated with the demo, but, the retail gives me the Botskill error. A listen server is OK except the map vote is gone then.

Comment

Has anybody found a correction for this issue yet?

Comment

Thought I'd give this a bump in case a solution could be found. I'd like to run dedicated to get mapvote. Maybe the next patch will put mapvote in the listen server.

Comment

I think I read in another thread that it would work if you replaced "BotSkill" with "Difficulty".

Comment

Hello All,

Since I restaged my dedicated server I get the same error message.

However, I was the one who posted about the ?Difficulty=x and no worries THAT works, just ignore the botskill.

I even tried putting in ?BotSkill=x in the command line to see what happens, and it still gives the error message. However, trust me, put in ?Difficulty=7 and I am sure it will be more than a challenge.

Just sitting through this gamespy authentication blackout.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Comment

Working...
                  X