Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There is no fix for the CD Key issue.

Midway is incharge of handling those issues and they are absolutely useless.

We are working with Epic to narrow down the problem and provide a solution. Thanks for you patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you.
    Epic's biggest mistake is partnering with that company full of scrubs. This issue has been ongoing for over a month, yet they are still working to provide a solution, and all I get as a response from the idiots at Midway is:

We are currently investigating this issue. Please be patient while we find a positive answer for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My game doesnt even ask for a CD Key

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Had to go buy another game to keep myself busy during Xmas vacation, I bought this game because I had some time off to play. Now my time off is spent typing in the stupid CD key over and over.....

Caps lock on
    Caps lock off
    Type dashes
    Don't type dashes
    Use the tab key
    Click to the next box
    Sprinkle holy water on keyboard
    /sigh...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    reinstalling windows or the game doesnt work ...

epic? hellooo earth to epic do you hear us?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I havent played UT3 in like a week because the low fps is frustrating, and I fired it up today, and low and behold it asks me for my cd-key. Which is far off in a storage shed.

Really starting to get frustrated with things. Maybe its better to not enter my cd-key again and save myself from all the problems.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by T@F View Post
    No doubt you will make another account to to rave on more.
    Why not? When people spend money on a game, it should uh work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ref was there any need for that.
    Yes you have a prob,but taken it out on ppl in this forum is not going to help you.

You need to contact WarTourist with your prob.
    also i can see why you got banned.
    No doubt you will make another account to to rave on more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ruprit View Post
    Well, after a two days of reading these forums, and contacting Midway tech support, I solved the problem myself. The problem I was having pertained to the Collector's Edition installing fine, but consistently saying "invalid key." As a test I installed the game on my parents computer, lo and behold, the game worked fine. So, it's not the games fault or the CD key, it's my computer. On my personal computer I use a version of Windows XP Professional in which I ran through nlite. Nlite allows me to remove components of Windows to make the operating system use less memory and speed it up. Unfortunately UT 3 requires something that I had removed. So I had to format, and reinstall my standard basic version of Windows XP Pro. Unreal Tournament 3 now works fine. I hope this helps. I know that reinstalling Windows is the worst fix ever.
    thats only **** i formated my pc and reinstall windows XP pro and then i installed the game again and works fine but a week later the **** ing game ask me for THE CD-KEY and guess what INVALID CD-KEY F U C K this game F U C K epic and F U C K your self

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No I don't have Norton on this computer, but I am aware my computer is causing the problem, does anyone out there have any idea what it could be? Kind of getting tired visiting these forums (no offense!) Looking for fixes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Do you have Norton Security suite by any chance? It's something on our system that's causing this invalid key issue. Because I've gone through 2 copies of the game, and get the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So is anything being done to fix this, or at least being looked into? I've just called the Gamestop where I purchased this from, and they won't refund my money, so this problem needs to be fixed, there's a major handful of us with this problem, and none of us have received any help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NickDoThis View Post
    Hmmm...so re-installing Windows is the only fix right now? I don't know much about computer software, but if I did that, would I have to re-install every software program on my computer, and re-download everything on my computer? Thanks for the info.
    Pretty much. No offense, but judging from your question, I would suggest that you wait for a patch. I also have no idea if this will fix everyone's problem. I took it to the most extreme level. I'm sure when a patch is released it will be an easy fix. The annoyance is waiting for one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm...so re-installing Windows is the only fix right now? I don't know much about computer software, but if I did that, would I have to re-install every software program on my computer, and re-download everything on my computer? Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phineon View Post
    Thats also my problem -.-

I think the OS (vista64) causes any bug ....

PLZ EPIC fix it!
    Vista 64 is not a problem, at least in this case. I'm running the game on Vista64 and never had this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, after a two days of reading these forums, and contacting Midway tech support, I solved the problem myself. The problem I was having pertained to the Collector's Edition installing fine, but consistently saying "invalid key." As a test I installed the game on my parents computer, lo and behold, the game worked fine. So, it's not the games fault or the CD key, it's my computer. On my personal computer I use a version of Windows XP Professional in which I ran through nlite. Nlite allows me to remove components of Windows to make the operating system use less memory and speed it up. Unfortunately UT 3 requires something that I had removed. So I had to format, and reinstall my standard basic version of Windows XP Pro. Unreal Tournament 3 now works fine. I hope this helps. I know that reinstalling Windows is the worst fix ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X