Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cd-key fix?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cd-key fix?

    I know there's plenty of Cd-key topics out there, but with Wartourist away until December 27 (I think that's how you spell his name), it doesn't look too good for us that have this cd-key issue. Is there a fix out there for this? I just bought the game today and I am really wanting to play it. If anyone can shed some light, that would be great.

    #2
    Have you tried launching the game with the -nohomedir option in the shortcut to launch UT3? I _believe_ that was mentioned once as a fix for it. Not sure why, now that I think about it.

    Comment


      #3
      This issue? There are more than on and which problem do you have?
      1) CD-Key invalid or
      2) CD-Key re-enter after every single launch of UT3?

      Comment


        #4
        CD-Key invalid, that's my problem.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NickDoThis View Post
          I know there's plenty of Cd-key topics out there, but with Wartourist away until December 27 (I think that's how you spell his name), it doesn't look too good for us that have this cd-key issue. Is there a fix out there for this? I just bought the game today and I am really wanting to play it. If anyone can shed some light, that would be great.
          Thats also my problem -.-

          I think the OS (vista64) causes any bug ....

          PLZ EPIC fix it!

          Comment


            #6
            I've tried every fix on this forum, with no luck. Has anyone made any headway on this situation? If it helps, I'm using Windows XP, not Vista.

            Comment


              #7
              did u send a message to wartourist? ... maybe he can help us !

              Comment


                #8
                Yeah, I've sent him a message, I got a reply saying he's out until Dec. 27, he'll be sending "spotty" e-mails though.

                Comment


                  #9
                  oh ;( ****...

                  if u find any solution, plz post it here or write a pm. i will do so

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Well, after a two days of reading these forums, and contacting Midway tech support, I solved the problem myself. The problem I was having pertained to the Collector's Edition installing fine, but consistently saying "invalid key." As a test I installed the game on my parents computer, lo and behold, the game worked fine. So, it's not the games fault or the CD key, it's my computer. On my personal computer I use a version of Windows XP Professional in which I ran through nlite. Nlite allows me to remove components of Windows to make the operating system use less memory and speed it up. Unfortunately UT 3 requires something that I had removed. So I had to format, and reinstall my standard basic version of Windows XP Pro. Unreal Tournament 3 now works fine. I hope this helps. I know that reinstalling Windows is the worst fix ever.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Phineon View Post
                      Thats also my problem -.-

                      I think the OS (vista64) causes any bug ....

                      PLZ EPIC fix it!
                      Vista 64 is not a problem, at least in this case. I'm running the game on Vista64 and never had this.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hmmm...so re-installing Windows is the only fix right now? I don't know much about computer software, but if I did that, would I have to re-install every software program on my computer, and re-download everything on my computer? Thanks for the info.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by NickDoThis View Post
                          Hmmm...so re-installing Windows is the only fix right now? I don't know much about computer software, but if I did that, would I have to re-install every software program on my computer, and re-download everything on my computer? Thanks for the info.
                          Pretty much. No offense, but judging from your question, I would suggest that you wait for a patch. I also have no idea if this will fix everyone's problem. I took it to the most extreme level. I'm sure when a patch is released it will be an easy fix. The annoyance is waiting for one.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            So is anything being done to fix this, or at least being looked into? I've just called the Gamestop where I purchased this from, and they won't refund my money, so this problem needs to be fixed, there's a major handful of us with this problem, and none of us have received any help.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Do you have Norton Security suite by any chance? It's something on our system that's causing this invalid key issue. Because I've gone through 2 copies of the game, and get the same problem.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X