ut3 quits mid game, everytime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 quits mid game, everytime!

I've got ut3 now finally installed on my new pc, the first day everything worked fine and I could play normally and now second day it keeps quiting on every game, online and offline, campain or multiplayer etc. it just quits mid game and wants to send an error report.

Now my rig is a 8800GTS EVGA 512mb, q6600 quadcore processor intel, OCZ memory 4 gig running at 800mhz, 2xraptorX HD in raid0 formation 150gig, 1x WD harddish 750gig, EVGA 680i motherboard

I got UT3 running on 1680x1050, everything on maximum in settings and it works smoothly 70+ FPS minimum always, got crysis even working without a problem, everything on highest and same resolution but its a boring game so..

I got UT3 now patched up with the 1.1 patch, succesfully. So what could be wrong?? Only ut3 is being odd, even ut1 is working properly on this PC @ 1680x1050 :x

I didn't buy a 60 euro game so that I wouldn't be able to play it, I want a solution for my problem, help me out epic or users who can!

Thanks in advance

How about Epic steps up to the problem and gives me an explenation!!!!

Comment

Read the thread listed in my sig.

Comment

My crash issues ceased after uninstalling my video card drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper and reinstalling:

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Ultron's .ini tweaks are spot on and will resolve 99% of issues, but mine were fixed by removing driver garbage.

Comment

Nice system, what sound card you have Orchild?

When was the last time you reformatted that sucker and what OS do you use?

Also do you have anything overclocked, and if you do what it set to.

When was the last time you updated your motherboard firmware? That Mobo has had a slew of firmware updates since it was released a lot of them having to do with quad core processors and stability.

I own a very similar system to you, but don't suffer from the same problems.

Comment

my drives aren't garbage since I have this new PC as of 4 days now and the only drivers installed are the newest drivers from the i-net being published by the manufacturers. No old or garbage or experimental drivers. Haven't had time to read the entire thread that the other person gave yet.

Comment

I didn't mean the drivers were garbage, installing new ones without removing the old ones can leave garbage. In your case, this is not an issue.

I am using beta drivers right now (Forceware 169.13) and running fine. Often drivers from a particular manufacturer are not the newest since Nvidia/ATI address problems with brand new software more proactively.

This cleaner step has surprised a lot of people and I recommend you give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by orchild View Post
                I've got ut3 now finally installed on my new pc, the first day everything worked fine and I could play normally and now second day it keeps quiting on every game, online and offline, campain or multiplayer etc. it just quits mid game and wants to send an error report.

Now my rig is a 8800GTS EVGA 512mb, q6600 quadcore processor intel, OCZ memory 4 gig running at 800mhz, 2xraptorX HD in raid0 formation 150gig, 1x WD harddish 750gig, EVGA 680i motherboard

I got UT3 running on 1680x1050, everything on maximum in settings and it works smoothly 70+ FPS minimum always, got crysis even working without a problem, everything on highest and same resolution but its a boring game so..

I got UT3 now patched up with the 1.1 patch, succesfully. So what could be wrong?? Only ut3 is being odd, even ut1 is working properly on this PC @ 1680x1050 :x

I didn't buy a 60 euro game so that I wouldn't be able to play it, I want a solution for my problem, help me out epic or users who can!

Thanks in advance
                Have you tried the nvidia Vista hot fix? http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

Well, if it ran good the first day and did not on the 2nd, something changed. That change is likely your problem. Are you monitoring your cpu and video card temps? Have you verified the video card fan is running at high speed during the game? One simple test that can tell you much, is to run with the side panel off the box. That will reduce temps and you can visually monitor fan ops. If it runs OK with the side of the box open, it's likely a thermal issue.

I see your using raid0, which is very good for high speed data acquisition, but not a very good choice for home pc. You derive no benefit from raid0 unless your performing data acquisition, simulations, data analysis, or some other process of cooking large amounts of information. Games do not benefit from raid, period. All it will do is cause you problems, if you must, then use raid1, at least that increases system reliability.

Comment

I don't think this is his fault. I 've been having exactly the same problem for about a week now. I can run UT3 fine, nothing overheating, everything looks good, and click--- black screen and the "Send error report" message.
                  Same drivers I used, same ini tweaks I used, and same hardware I used without this latest patch. I installed the patch, and now it crashes almost every time I play it. When I bring it back up, it wants my CD key.
                  Nothing in the windows system event log.
                  Specs:
                  Athlon FX 3000+
                  HD2600XT
                  2GB RAM
                  400GB SATA (RAID 0- I run a recording studio, yes it helps.)
                  M-audio Audiophile 24/96
                  ASUS Vintage-A8R

Comment

Working...
                  X