Graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics card

Hey, I checked on this site and it tells me I can play it on minimum settings.

But how would the graphics look with a NVidia GeForce 7600 GS (512.0 MB)?

I'm also running windows XP.

Thank you very much!

(and I hope I see you online some times =D when I got it)

You should be able to run the graphics at the highest quality settings. However, based on how fast your CPU is and the native resolution of your monitor, it remains to be seen what sort of framerates that you get.

Also if you need advice after purchasing the game, there's no better forum on the planet to come to than this one. We'll help you if you need it.

Comment

Thanks Ultron =D

And my :
      -CPU:2.66GhZ
      -native resolution of my monitor: uhm what you mean with this? My resolution is 1024x768.

Comment

Originally posted by rick15465 View Post
        Hey, I checked on this site and it tells me I can play it on minimum settings.

But how would the graphics look with a NVidia GeForce 7600 GS (512.0 MB)?

I'm also running windows XP.

Thank you very much!

(and I hope I see you online some times =D when I got it)
        hi, i was wondering if anyone could help. I purchased UT3 not long ago i was really looking forward to playing it, i not very knowledgable when it comes to computers. But i started playing and on some levels there appears to be like pixelated squares, i cant actually see all the map on some of them and my computer sometimes crashes. I have checked my computer is powerful enough and that i have enough space on my computer but i don't know what the problem is could anybody help?

Comment

pixelated squares could be ur gfx drivers

Comment

Okay, last question:

-It's not a game where you need to pay each moment an amount of money right?

Comment

gfx drivers? sorry i not very clever in computers lol try explain as though i am an alien or summat? thanks

Comment

I`ll give you a rough idea.
                I have a duel core 2 chip same card,resolution is 1024x768 and i get around this in dm.
                Graphics detail 3 world detail 2.
                http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1778/buguh7.jpg

of course in vctf/war i`m hitting around 20-27 fps.
                Def need a better card but it`s still playable for the time being.

Btw if you put world detail to 1 you get around 40-50 fps in dm.
                But it does look horrible.

Comment

ack ack, ack ack ack ack ack! ACK ack ack ack! ACK ACK!

got that? jk :-D

sean, we really need more info than just "pixelated" to go into details, do you know what your system specs are? what gfx card you have?

rick, its a 1 time fee.

Comment

well my system is: Dell dimension DM061 Intel(R) Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.70GHz, 1.00GB of RAM, i dont know what card i have, how do i found out? its like in the background on some of the maps, get grey squares moving about opponents behind this i cannot see at all.
                    thanks

Comment

hold your windows key and press R (or goto start and press RUN), type devmgmt.msc, press ok (or enter), to to display adapters and extend it, what is under that?
                      [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Rajinn/2325385e.jpg[/shot]

equally if you double click on the device a window will pop up and at the top there will be a tab called Driver

please give the driver version.
                      sry no sshot for that part i just thought of it

Comment

Originally posted by T@F View Post
                        I`ll give you a rough idea.
                        I have a duel core 2 chip same card,resolution is 1024x768 and i get around this in dm.
                        Graphics detail 3 world detail 2.
                        http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1778/buguh7.jpg

of course in vctf/war i`m hitting around 20-27 fps.
                        Def need a better card but it`s still playable for the time being.

Btw if you put world detail to 1 you get around 40-50 fps in dm.
                        But it does look horrible.
                        Hey, thanks for posting a pic...but I can't load it lol, it says: 'webpage can't be found.'.

Still thanks for the response =D

Comment

The "pixelated squares" may just be due to a low default resolution (800x600 was what mine started at.) I had to change this to my display's native resolution of 1360x768 in the game settings menu (note the advanced button at the bottom of the menu.)

I've heard similar gripes before (to the effect of, "the graphics aren't even as good as UT2k4") from people and after I mentioned this to them, they felt silly!

If you want to test your video card against the requirements of UT3 before buying, there is no better way than trying the demo. Did I not see that suggested in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by rick15465 View Post
                            Hey, thanks for posting a pic...but I can't load it lol, it says: 'webpage can't be found.'.

Still thanks for the response =D
                            Site was down it`s back up now
                            Btw i had bots on as well.(because it looked like i was on my own)

Comment

Originally posted by alcom77 View Post
                              The "pixelated squares" may just be due to a low default resolution (800x600 was what mine started at.)
                              The pixelated squares can also be the screen percentage set too low. As always I recommend that be set to 100%.

Comment

Working...
                              X