Can't play warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't play warfare

Hi. I'm trying to play warfare but everytime i am in the loading screen the game crashes and some seconds later the monitor turns off. It seems that pc is dead but i keep talking on teamspeak...

I have an A64 3500+, 7800GTX and 1GB ram.
    I don't have any kind of overclock. I tried to play with the default ut3 ini's and it's the same.

Need help, pls.

sounds like a driver or hardware problem with your gfx card... hopefully its not hardware
    have you tried updating drivers?

Comment

Here are some options you might try:

Edit the UTEngine.ini which can be found in My Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config.

For older NVIDIA cards:
      [Engine.ISVHacks]
      UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
      bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
      PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

...and then...

[SystemSettings]
      OnlyStreamInTextures=True

Let us know if that works.

Also, if you still have problems, try the other tweaks in my thread, listed in my sig below.

Notably launching the game with the -nosound option and disabling OpenAL audio in the Audio settings, and then work from there.

Comment

I have the latest nvidia drivers and i was already using these 4 lines = TRUE
        The same problem happens with some servers using CustomUT but with normal iCTF/TDM/DM server it never happened...

Comment

So many problems with ut3... with ut2k4 never happened something like this!

More sugestions?

Comment

It happened again but this time in a different way. I was hosting a game to test some new maps and i pressed disconnect to try another map, when i was going to press Capture The Flag my mouse stops and the monitor turns off. With the monitor off i pressed F10 and entered EXIT and suddenly the monitor turns on again, but still black screen and now with an underscore at the upper left corner :<

EDITED:
            Tried to join a warfare server again and it gave me this error instead of monitor off:

Please, i need some help to fix this!

Comment

i got the same problem, among others, with the monitor turning off. also a few vctf maps do it with my computer, and after updating its all maps that turn the screen off.

Comment

I would like to see some feedback from epic... seems that it's one more bug that this game has. I bought the game and i can't play some modes? FIX this game because this is like a beta game...

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                  Hi. I'm trying to play warfare but everytime i am in the loading screen the game crashes and some seconds later the monitor turns off. It seems that pc is dead but i keep talking on teamspeak...

I have an A64 3500+, 7800GTX and 1GB ram.
                  I don't have any kind of overclock. I tried to play with the default ut3 ini's and it's the same.

Need help, pls.
                  try to set in UTEngine.ini:

LoadShadersOnDemand to true...

i had a problem like this on Heat Ray.... Turn to set to false NVIDIAMinimumShaderProfile.

On my 7600gs it is working.

My sys is your except for a 7600gs instead of a 7800

Comment

Interesting. I would also suggest you doing a memory scan, as well as to disable any overclocking of your CPU and/or video card, possibly. Not I'm not sure what the error message means, really.

Comment

Another error when loading CTF-Orbital2007:

I've changed this line like gravity0 said:

[Engine.ISVHacks]
                      bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Played on some warfare servers and no crashes!
                      I'll play more time tonight to see if it really doesn't crash anymore and i keep you posted

Comment

Seems to be OK! No more crashes since i changed that line.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

yes, this fix works

please sticky this. It fixed miine as well!

it is a fix for ppl that cant play warfare or VCTF becuz it crashes

Comment

Working...
                          X