Error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error.

Whenever I open up UT3 it will get through the advertisements of like epic games and intel. but whenever it gets to the click anywhere screen it shuts off. and a blue screen comes up on my computer.

i just upgraded my computer about 3 months ago so i know its top of the line. and i just bought a 500gb external hardrive. and now its doing this.

The Error Is :
    The File : nv4_disp
    The device driver hot stuck in a infinite loop. This udually indicates the problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

technical information :

***STOP: 0x000000EA (0x85986008,0xf4e8cbc, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp
    Begginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete

PLEASE HELP

what card you got?
    try diff gfx drivers
    uninstall them
    run a reg cleaner
    then grab the newest
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Comment

iight ill go check im not sure what graphics card

Comment

Check out this guy's article on the NVIDIA nv4_disp problem:

http://www.christopherjason.com/arti...4disp-problem/

Comment

Adding to my thread!

Comment

omg. okay i press f8 but when i get to the menu it wont let me use my keyboard....

Comment

it only happens when i open unreal tournament all my other games are fine and my windows is fine its just when i open it up bamm.

Comment

help... please

Comment

If you're using a USB keyboard try using the PS2 adapter to connect to the PC or just use an older keyboard to navigate the F8 boot menu.

Safemode is absolutely necessary to properly remove all remnants of old drivers. I too was riddled with hangs, crashes and BSOD's until I ran the Guru3d Driver Sweeper (http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper) and started my drivers from scratch.

And I also had no problems with any other games. Heck, I even used the same driver that I had before running driver sweeper and I think this is what fixed it.

Other things to try though before going off the handle and making a new generically named thread would be some .ini tweaks a la Ultron's thread linked in a post above.

Specifically, open the UTEngine.ini in My Documents and set the following section as I have it below:

[Engine.ISVHacks]
                  UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
                  bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
                  DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
                  PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

Please post your results!

Comment

can you tell me step by step what to do and where to go?

i wasnt in safe mod but i was in regular mode ran that programe and deleted ATI - Display NVIDIA - Display NVIDIA - Chipset

is that right?

Comment

omg i ran the driver updater and it says it cant find an drivers WTF AHHHH HELP NOW I CANT PLAY ANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Redownload the lastest official drivers and try to reinstall them.

Comment

Yeah, what that thing does is completely uninstall your drivers. Now you download the latest and re-install - was that not clear?

Safe mode removal is preferred since some files are still in use under regular operating conditions and won't be removed. Hang in there!

Comment

yea well i uninstaled it. on uninstal somehow the files came back up and ive sat here pressing the remove button and they still show up. im in safe mod.

also i tried downloading the drivers. and of course it says i have the latest drivers .

Comment

Originally posted by Acidbath View Post
                              can you tell me step by step what to do and where to go?

i wasnt in safe mod but i was in regular mode ran that programe and deleted ATI - Display NVIDIA - Display NVIDIA - Chipset

is that right?

plz post your graphics card,that way we at least know where to start from.
                              as 1 min your saying ati then nivida?

Comment

Working...
                              X