Game crashes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    LOL , i know a solution ;]] just delate My Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\ Folder ;]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just an FYI I have run Fraps several times with UT3, so it's not always that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bet you run Fraps. UT3 will crash right away if Fraps is running. took me a day to figure that out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What resolution is the game trying to launch at? Have you looked in the UTEngine.ini to see that?

Have you tried deleting the INI files in the My Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config folder?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After i installed the full patch, Vista's DEP shuts down the UT3.exe before the splash screen even comes up.
    Trouble is, DEP cannot be disabled on it because Vista wo'nt let me.
    Game was fairly stable before the patch and now i can't play at all.
    I'll just have to reinstall in a couple of months when the games finished being beta tested.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'm having the same problem... can't play at all

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Game crashes on startup

Game crashes on startup

Hello, been reading up on this issue all day, seems there are more problems then u can poke a stick at, ranging from OpenAL, X-Fi, UTengine.ini settings, video drivers. Anyway, I bought this game this morning installed it and i get the loading screen followed by an error stating that ut3.exe has stopped working and then nothing.

im running:

OS: Windows Vista 32 (fresh install, all updates, all hotfixes)
    Display: 2 x 8800gt (sli currently disabled, with drivers 163.xx all the way to 169.21 tested)
    Memory: 4gb ram
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E3850 @ 3.0ghz
    MB: Asus P5N32-E SLI (680i chipset)

now im getting no information about whats going on when the crashes occur with ut3.exe. but if i try use Unreal Frontend and load a map i get 'device does not support 1x32 target render format' showing up in the cmd prompt window, now im not sure if thats just a normal error that occurs with the loader (havent even got the game to start) or if the same problem is occuring during the loading of UT3.exe

anyone had any luck with this problem?
Working...
X