No Bonus Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Bonus Content

Although This probably isn't the right place to post this, It is most likely the best place to put it.
    So, I bought the UT3 Collectors Edition off Newegg along with a 22" LCD to play it on..
    And I really was wanting to see "The history of Unreal Tournament" Being the fact that I'm A long time fan.
    I put the bonus disc in...ONLY TO FIND NOTHING IN IT...It is just a blank, Writable disc.
    I waited 2 weeks to get this cause apparently I hadn't payed Newegg for the stuff..and took two days just to get that in order.
    And I DON'T Feel like putting up with their RMA Dept.
    Now will someone tell me what in the hell I'm supposed to do with a empty Bonus Content Disc.

This is probably not the case lol, but do you have a cd drive? It'll show blank if u do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
      This is probably not the case lol, but do you have a cd drive? It'll show blank if u do.
      It IS blank.
      I have tested it with 3 DVD drives.
      Gaming computer has a SATA 20x DVD-RW.
      I would Know...
      I Built it.
      (Quick Edit) - Also, UT3 itself installed just fine.

Comment

This happens with me every now and then with certain computers.

I didn't buy CE, but i fixed MY problem by going to a comp where the disk did work and copying its contents onto a flashy drive.

Comment

I actually have 2 CEs and they both work fine for me.

Comment

if the disc is offcial, as in official label printed on it, I'd take it back to the store. Could be a production error.

Comment

Again, Got this from Newegg.
              I DON'T want to deal with their RMA Dept.
              Page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832206022

Comment

Not wanting to deal with their RMA department is the downside to ordering anything from Newegg. I just love paying shipping fees for their screwups, but they're so good when they're not screwing up.

Comment

Well...At least I won't lose UT3...as Patch 1 seems to have made it not require a CD...

Comment

For the record, the game was released without the normal "DVD-in-drive" requirement. The patch had nothing to do with it.

But back on topic, as others have confirmed, my "Bonus Content" DVD works fine, too, so you are just going to have to suck it up and ship it back to newegg.com. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Frag View Post
                      Well...At least I won't lose UT3...as Patch 1 seems to have made it not require a CD...
                      You'll find the non-patched version works without the DVD too. The bonus disk sounds like it could be faulty, especially as it's been tried in 3 drives.

Comment

Working...
                      X