169.21 Fixed one problem and created another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

169.21 Fixed one problem and created another

I no longer have flickering in warfare maps it seems, which is amazing, but good things don't come without downsides. I now am experiencing the 'hitching' issue where the game 'freezes' for 10 seconds or so and returns to normal play. Which evidently makes playing nearly impossible. Time to roll back to 165.75 I guess, thanks for the try nvidia but you kinda fail at drivers.

8800 gtx sli
    680i sli
    4gb
    q6600
    vista 64

lemme gess
    you ran 163.75 before
    y 169.01 04 05 06 etc all got freezing issues nvidia trying to fix it atm asswell
    nothing new really especialy on gateway map its most common

Comment

Having the same "freeze for 10 seconds" issue here in Vista 32.

Comment

Still have 169.04, never had any of those problems, but that's good old XP I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Eurynomos View Post
          I now am experiencing the 'hitching' issue where the game 'freezes' for 10 seconds or so and returns to normal play. Which evidently makes playing nearly impossible. Time to roll back to 165.75 I guess, thanks for the try nvidia but you kinda fail at drivers.
          If you had checked the Vista driver release notes you would have noticed that UT3 and the freezing problem is mentioned there as an open issue. 'quess you failed at reading those...

Comment

Originally posted by Eurynomos View Post
            I no longer have flickering in warfare maps it seems, which is amazing, but good things don't come without downsides. I now am experiencing the 'hitching' issue where the game 'freezes' for 10 seconds or so and returns to normal play. Which evidently makes playing nearly impossible. Time to roll back to 165.75 I guess, thanks for the try nvidia but you kinda fail at drivers.

8800 gtx sli
            680i sli
            4gb
            q6600
            vista 64
            Interesting because these drivers indicate a fix for the hitching problem, at least for the 8800GT card.

Comment

Working...
            X