Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game crash with OpenAL because of... X-Ram?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game crash with OpenAL because of... X-Ram?!?

Hello, I know there been a few thread about this but mine is a little diffrent.

I'm running Windows Vista 32bits with all the latest updates and drivers. My computer specifications are on the link HERE.

OpenAL as always been enabled while I had my Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic and never crashed. Even with Beta patch #1 and #2. Then I sold it "90$" to get an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude "170$" and UT3 crashed for the first time. I thought it was a random crash since it never done that before but now I installed 1.1 final and it kept crashing again. I found out that it's because of my new soundcard even thought both use an X-Fi processor.

So I bet that it's only because the Auzentech one gots 64Mb of X-Ram on it, unlike my Soundblaster that had none.

Now I'll have to disable OpenAL, lose performance and get worse sound because Epic can't fix their things. I haven't bought such an expensive card to disable hardware audio.

I aswell have the X-Fi Prelude, and UT3 has crashed about a dozen times.
    I can't ****ing get through one game without it crashing, it's so ****ing irritating.
    Could we get some acknowledgement?

Comment

The extreme-Music runs fine with OpenA it seems. my Buddy has an extreme Music (NOT ExtremeAUDIO) and OpenAL enabled: runs flawlessly. On my Fatality card it crashes.

Comment

Looks like thats what Im getting. Mine crashes after 15-30 mins of gameplay. I have X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatality. Epic really needs to look at this problem.

Comment

i have extreme music works fine either way openal or not, fyi, hope it gets fixed for you soon

Comment

Nice, so I knew it. From what all of you said, only the cards with X-Ram do crash in this game. Funny thing is that those cards are more expensive and are suppose to bring more performance, not make games crash... (-_-)

Comment

Originally posted by FeedBackTest View Post
              Nice, so I knew it. From what all of you said, only the cards with X-Ram do crash in this game. Funny thing is that those cards are more expensive and are suppose to bring more performance, not make games crash... (-_-)
              Yeah looks like epic overlooked those types of cards with xram on them.

Hopefully they will address the issue for you guys, sounds like you got a bad deal.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ghlight=openal

Comment

Working...
                X