PSN network error? 8002AD23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSN network error? 8002AD23

I keep getting kicked off of the PSN. I can't join any online games or play the campaign. As far as I am able to get beyond the menus in campaign is to the training and blasting the 1st welder bot by the door on the 1st mission.

Basically, I am getting a message that says my connection failed, the game ends and I cannot play.

My other games work just fine. After one of the numerous connection failures, I did notice some code being displayed in place of graphics.

Any ideas? I've been waiting to play this game over all others.

EDIT: I fully installed it, restarted my PS3 and I get nothing. Connection failures out the behind.

Ran a connection test.

Obtain IP Address: Succeeded
    Internet Connection: Succeeded
    Playstation Network: Succeeded
    UPnP: Available
    NAT Type: Type 2

Same here. And the worst part about it is, when it does that, you have to exit out of the game to fix it.

Comment

I could see if my other titles were doing it, but it's only UT3, and that makes me a sad panda.

Comment

hmmm.... i only played for a few minutes, didnt try campaign yet, but i didnt have any problems. usually when i do its psn issues. try sony forums too, they may have a topic on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_Mermaid_Girl View Post
          hmmm.... i only played for a few minutes, didnt try campaign yet, but i didnt have any problems. usually when i do its psn issues. try sony forums too, they may have a topic on it too.
          Thanks, I gave the official PS forums and PS3forums.com a try and no dice.

Connected briefly, got the following error, then got booted.

8005A5428

Comment

It would be helpful for the devlopers if they knew what type of router/modem your using. I highly reccomend you post that informaiton it might uncover a trend.

Comment

Linksys WRT54GC, it's a wireless router, but I am wired on everything but my laptop and PSP.

Edit:
              Still no luck.

Comment

Yes I am having the same issue as well and it is really frustrating, maybe I need to open up ports or something but I don't think that is the case since I have NAT 2 and I manually opened up all the ports. I have a belkin wireless g 2.4ghz router model # F5D7230-4 ver. 7000 ( if any of this helps please let me know what I must do) Also I do not connect wirelessly to my router I am fully wired to it.

Thanks.

Comment

I am continually getting signed out of the network every time i try and search for a game, or it will find the games, but as soon as i click on one, it kicks me from servers. if it's not that, then the game freezes when i try to click on the quick match, find game, or host game, options. also it now seems that i get kicked off the network every 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustos_86 View Post
                    I am continually getting signed out of the network every time i try and search for a game, or it will find the games, but as soon as i click on one, it kicks me from servers. if it's not that, then the game freezes when i try to click on the quick match, find game, or host game, options. also it now seems that i get kicked off the network every 2 minutes.
                    Same problem here dude. It kicks me out of multiplayer and campaign and automatically signs me off.

I know it's not my connection b/c I played CoD4 for two+ hours after giving up on trying to get UT3 to work w/o any problems.

Comment

I get this PSN network error for any game type, even on a new copy of UT3.

I have had this game since release and have yet to be able to play campaign or multiplayer.

Someone please address this.

Comment

bump for moderator response

Comment

Originally posted by VaeVictus View Post
                          Same problem here dude. It kicks me out of multiplayer and campaign and automatically signs me off.

I know it's not my connection b/c I played CoD4 for two+ hours after giving up on trying to get UT3 to work w/o any problems.
                          2 suggestions, 1 go into the options for your wireless routers and turn on 11g only mode, this seems to not only have doubled my download speeds on the PS3 but all the other cpus in the house improved as well.

2, make sure you have the latest PS3 update installed, then reinstall UT3 to be safe.

If neither of these tips help, remember that some people just have low bandwidth and when someone else in the house uses the internet while you're playing, especially hosting UT3, it all of a sudden drops... No fix here other than upgrading your service...

I used to have these problems when hosting large Warhawk games, but since I've upgraded my internet service, I can have over 24 players join my game and no problem, worth the extra 10/month just for that, also faster internet is nice any other way you slice it.

Comment

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Any helpful hints from Epic staff would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

im havin the same issue..it seems like i opened all my ports..im up to date and all my other games work fine..im out of ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X